Forums

Topic: Metroid: Samus Returns

Posts 741 to 744 of 744

Tyranexx

@ahmed01903 You must mean the Diggernaut boss. That fight works almost like a puzzle in some phases and took a lot of my patience and some trial/error. Without telling you outright, pay special attention to those rotating drill bits - notice how they line up - and keep all of Samus's upgrades in mind.

Currently playing: Ys I & II Chronicles+ (PC; Ys I: Omen), Gato Roboto (Switch)

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

ahmed01903

Thank you so much to Tyranexx - I will try again. Also admire the reluctance to give too much away.

ahmed01903

Tyranexx

@ahmed01903 No problem! Once everything clicked into place, I found the fight to be fun. But I definitely struggled with the same part of the fight you're on.

Good luck!

Currently playing: Ys I & II Chronicles+ (PC; Ys I: Omen), Gato Roboto (Switch)

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

gcunit

Finished my first playthrough of this last night. I enjoyed the challenge of the boss fights as several of them took some time to probe and develop strategies for. I also enjoyed the visuals and animation, a great looking 3DS game.

I did find the game maybe dragged a bit and I'd have been happy to reach the final section one or two map areas earlier. In my playthrough it seemed there was a bit of an imbalance to the upgrade distribution. Maybe it was my style of play where I tend to go for extended periods between play sessions and lose focus as a result, but it felt like I was slogging around for quite a while without much progress, then all of a sudden I seemed to be getting an upgrade every few rooms.

The counter mechanic is cool but it does get repetitive and the game suffers a little from monotonous gameplay. The addition of the EMMI zones in Metroid Dread to add gameplay variety certainly seems a good idea based on Samus Returns monotony. Because of the slog factor I'm not sure if I'll go for more playthroughs of this or not, but certainly don't feel like it now having put over 20 hours in over the last couple of weeks. Too many other games to play.

But despite the monotony it definitely has the Metroid cool factor in the way Samus controls and is animated, the visual effects and the cutscene moments.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic