Forums

Topic: GBA Ambassador: When do you expect them to roll in?

Posts 221 to 240 of 579

Chrono_Cross

I know. Everyone should be patient because this isn't a big deal.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

NX01Trekkie1992

pikky wrote:

Tare wrote:

Wouldn't it be great if they surprised us on the 30th of November with them?

No, that would be absolutely horrid. Please don't do that, nintendo, if you have any concern for my sanity

your sanity went out the window a long time ago, it's no longer a concern

NX01Trekkie1992

VmprHntrD

Back in August I said after Black Friday, before Christmas. I still stand by that. I'm betting they do it pretty close to or on Christmas as a nice fat gift to unwrap.

My Personal Video Game / Accessory List
http://tanooki.byethost16.com/

Geonjaha

Tare wrote:

Wouldn't it be great if they surprised us on the 30th of November with them?

A man can dream I suppose.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Joeynator3000

In case no one said it yet...
"I predict that they will show up tomorrow!" lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Kholdstare

._.

☆FRIEND CODES☆

PSN ID: Kholdstare77

3DS
1289 8322 9889

skells33

i say the thursday before Christmas

skells33

sykotek

Japan's end of fiscal year 2011 or 2011-nendo is on March 31, 2012. Obviously, the original statement with intent to "release by the end of the year" was mistranslated from Japanese to English. Also painfully obvious are the various Nintendo Western Representatives that are quoting from the date from the original mistranslation.

We will be receiving these games by April 1, 2012. That is all.
Untitled

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

James

You don't think someone would have checked whether NCL meant fiscal or calendar year..?

James

Nintendo Network ID: DaddyNewtsUK

LordTendoboy

According to a rumor that was allegedly started by Nintendo of Spain (WTF?), the GBA games won't use any of the Virtual Console features. No restore points, no home menu, no suspend points, no wireless access while playing the games.

If this is true, then what is Nintendo thinking? They kept all those features in for the Game Boy games.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

CosmoXY

tendoboy1984 wrote:

According to a rumor that was allegedly started by Nintendo of Spain (WTF?), the GBA games won't use any of the Virtual Console features. No restore points, no home menu, no suspend points, no wireless access while playing the games.

If this is true, then what is Nintendo thinking? They kept all those features in for the Game Boy games.

I don't think that was a rumor or that it was started by Nintendo of Spain. Wasn't that made clear in the very first place?

http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/08/more_official_detail...

Cosmo 1547-5360-6061
Rock Safari - Dwebble, Pupitar & Barbaracle

Eel

It's not a rumour, it's on their ambassador FAQ.

The only new thing said is that the 3DS won't be able to enter sleep mode while playing them (like with normal GBA games on old DSs).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LzWinky

tendoboy1984 wrote:

No, it was a rumor started by all of Nintendo stating this in the first place. Please do research first

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DarkLloyd

Morpheel wrote:

It's not a rumour, it's on their ambassador FAQ.

The only new thing said is that the 3DS won't be able to enter sleep mode while playing them (like with normal GBA games on old DSs).

if its going to have that save function like it did with gameboy and gameboy colour games a sleep mode would not be needed

also i never really got the point of sleep mode anyways other then battery life or something if anyone knows it be much apprieated

DarkLloyd

CinnamonRobin

They're not going to have any of the new features added for the 3DS or Virtual Console games. That means no StreetPass/SpotPass, no sleep mode, no restore points and no game suspending. Regular game saving will still work fine, of course. Basically, if you couldn't do it when playing a GBA cart on a DS or DS Lite, you can't do it with these.

To be honest, none of those things matter to me. We're not losing anything - the games themselves will be just as good and that's what's important!

Edited on by CinnamonRobin

CinnamonRobin

cheetahman91

There's not really much of a point of GBA games having restore points or game suspension anyways since the ones that we know are coming have the ability to save and the ones that haven't been announced probably do too.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

SaKo

I wonder If you can choose which screen the game will be on...

SaKo

Nintendo Network ID: jibberldd5 | Twitter:

NX01Trekkie1992

jibberldd5 wrote:

I wonder If you can choose which screen the game will be on...

We can't with the GB and NES games, so I would guess not based on that.

HOWEVER... on the opposite side of the coin, the way the emulation is being described sounds very similar to playing GBA games on the DS Phat, and on that system we COULD choose which screen to play the GBA game on, so there's also a case to be made for us likely being able to choose which screen.

Bottom line? I think it's a toss up. Doesn't really MATTER to me, but it's interesting to ponder.

and back to the thread at hand, I still say Dec 22nd

NX01Trekkie1992

LordTendoboy

I think this explains it all.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.