Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 2,677

AccessibleDaydream

TWEWY is $24.99 at GameStop, which is kinda out of my budget for a DS game.
I don't really have the money to get a larger SD card, so no Unchained Blades for me right now.

TotA 3DS is $29.99 at GameStop, is that a good price?
Would it be worth it to get KH:DDD at GameStop for $29.99, without playing TWEWY first?

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

RikuzeYre

Twewy is just fine on the 3DS(infact I'd say its better). Thats how I played it from the beginning well worth the purchase ( I played it on the DS lite for comparison, sound is so much better on the 3DS)

RikuzeYre

Shane904

KH:DDD would be fine without playing TWEWY.
Also, TWEWY's gameplay is as fun as any 3DS game. Thought I'd mention that since you said it's too expensive for a DS game for you.

Shane904

RikuzeYre

Amazon has Twewy for 20$. But drop everything your doing right now and get TotA from gamestop. Its well worth it ( i payed 10$ more that for it , got 327 hours of that fantastic game)

RikuzeYre

RikuzeYre

Kingdom hearts doesnt make sense anyway so I'd personally say to play twewy first since DDD streamlines everything neatly for you

RikuzeYre

AccessibleDaydream

Keep in mind that I won't be able to get any games for at least a month as I still have to come up with the funds to my pre-order of Animal Crossing New Leaf paid off, then I have to redeposit money into my savings account from when I bought my Wii U.

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

Shane904

ChrisT99 wrote:

Keep in mind that I won't be able to get any games for at least a month as I still have to come up with the funds to my pre-order of Animal Crossing New Leaf paid off, then I have to redeposit money into my savings account from when I bought my Wii U.

You'll get plenty of gameplay out of TWEWY or KH:DDD to hold you over for a month =P I have not played TotA, but appears you get a lot out of it from what RikuzeYre said.

Shane904

RikuzeYre

Just get Tales of the Abyss. By the way if you're left handed you can still play kid icarus rather easily. The controls are very malleable. Resident evil revelations as well. But Im guessing you'll be getting that on the Wii U ( Hey its 39$ on Amazon)

RikuzeYre

Shane904

RikuzeYre wrote:

Just get Tales of the Abyss. By the way if you're left handed you can still play kid icarus rather easily. The controls are very malleable. Resident evil revelations as well. But Im guessing you'll be getting that on the Wii U ( Hey its 39$ on Amazon)

I can second that KI works well for lefty. However, you're going to be using the ABXY pad instead of the circle pad. Works fine for me though.

Shane904

AccessibleDaydream

I'll play the demo of KH tomorrow and that should pretty much make up my decision. I gotta get to bed and won't be on till at least 11am tomorrow because of church so goodnight everyone. God Bless you forever, and Happy Gaming.

Dj64Mk7 Out.

AccessibleDaydream

RR529

As others have said, you don't need to play TWEWY before KH:DDD. The two games' stories don't interconnect at all (the TWEWY characters are essentially doing little more than making cameos in KH:DDD).

Also, as has been said before, get TotA.

KH:DDD took me about 25 hours to beat, and after doing all the special boss fights, and finding the treasure chests I missed, I clocked in around 40 hours altogether.

In contrast, it took me exactly 50 hours just to complete Tales of the Abyss. Adding in sidequests, and it would probably run you upwards of 70 hours. Also, you earn perks for a second playthrough, with extra sidequests added in for a second run, so your time would double to do everything.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RikuzeYre

I actually got my times and moneys worth out of doing kingdom hearts because I restarted on proud mode and started doing a lot of stuff with the dream eaters (I figured out how to open the portals finally) after 30 hours on the second file Im only half of the way I was in the same time as I did the first round.
Oh and flick rush is addictive. But ToA for 30$? Cant pass that up yo.

RikuzeYre

Skitrules

@ChrisT99 Unchained Blades is actually my favorite game on the eshop and is a really great dungeon crawler RPG with an awesome story so in my opinion if you like dungeon crawlers or RPG's get Unchained Blades!!

Now for something completely different!
Still got it memorized?
My Skitloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7499-3336

AccessibleDaydream

Because of the demo, I no longer want KH.

Was at GameStop and they said they had a copy of TWEWY for $29.99, which I didn't buy. I was stuck between the following games though:

• Final Fantasy III DS for $11.69
  • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for $22.99
  • Steel Diver for $8.99
  • Pilotwings Resort for $13.50

I traded in ZombiU for $13.40 store credit and bought Pilotwings with that credit. Even though I already bought Pilotwings, I just want to know: which of those 4 games above do you think would have been the best value based on what I like?

AccessibleDaydream

RR529

ChrisT99 wrote:

Because of the demo, I no longer want KH.

Was at GameStop and they said they had a copy of TWEWY for $29.99, which I didn't buy. I was stuck between the following games though:

• Final Fantasy III DS for $11.69
  • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for $22.99
  • Steel Diver for $8.99
  • Pilotwings Resort for $13.50

I traded in ZombiU for $13.40 store credit and bought Pilotwings with that credit. Even though I already bought Pilotwings, I just want to know: which of those 4 games above do you think would have been the best value based on what I like?

Wait, weren't you interested in Tales of the Abyss? Was your GameStop out?

Yeah, the KH demo really doesn't to the game justice, at all.

As for your question, I think Final Fantasy III would have suited your preferences best. It's an RPG (which you said you were interested in), and Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon is usually considered one of the weaker entries in the series.

Pilotwings: Resort isn't a bad choice, though. I don't know how much you'll get out of it now, as it's biggest draw is showing off the 3D, and it's a short game, but it can be fun to fly around.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

AccessibleDaydream

@RR529 Yeah, my GameStop was out of TotA.

It was really between Steel Diver and Pilotwings, as my Mom only had $5 in her wallet. Alas, I'm already about a quarter way done with Mission Flight Mode. I should be finished with it by Friday or Saturday. What do you suggest I do then in terms of selling it and things like that?

AccessibleDaydream

RikuzeYre

Why dont you try Target for Tales of the Abyss?

RikuzeYre

AccessibleDaydream

RikuzeYre wrote:

Just checked Target, and Heck no! Whereas GameSop has it for $29.99, Target is selling it for (pretty outrageous i.m.o.) $36!

AccessibleDaydream

RR529

ChrisT99 wrote:

RikuzeYre wrote:

Just checked Target, and Heck no! Whereas GameSop has it for $29.99, Target is selling it for (pretty outrageous i.m.o.) $36!

How is $36 outrageous? It started out as a $40 game, and pound for pound, RPGs give you more bang for your buck than nearly any other genre.

If you don't have the funds for it, I don't fault you for skipping over it for the better deal, but to say $36 is outrageous, is a little over the top, IMO.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

AccessibleDaydream

RR529 wrote:

ChrisT99 wrote:

RikuzeYre wrote:

How is $36 outrageous? It started out as a $40 game, and pound for pound, RPGs give you more bang for your buck than nearly any other genre.

If you don't have the funds for it, I don't fault you for skipping over it, but to say $36 is outrageous, is a little over the top, IMO.

The only reason I said that is because GameStop usually has the 2nd highest or highest price for all 3DS games.

AccessibleDaydream

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic