Banjo-Kazooie Symphony On the Way From The Synthetic Orchestra

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Licensed and released on 31st May

Not so long ago, you may remember us drawing your attention to the Super Metroid Symphony, which is the work of talented composer and sound engineer Blake Robinson, the man behind the Synthetic Orchestra. If you like the music from the iconic Super NES title but want to hear it with a fully orchestrated sound, it's a terrific listen.

The Synthetic Orchestra is now returning with a fully licensed, authorised release — through Joypad Records — of music from the Banjo Kazooie series, the most recognisable entry arguably being the original that graced the Nintendo 64. Grant Kirkhope produced the original soundtracks, and he's given the album a thumbs up.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people still listen to the music from the Banjo games after all these years, it really is very humbling.

When Blake told me that he wanted to make some new fully orchestrated versions of the music from Banjo-Kazooie I was really flattered. I'd heard his work on other game projects and was just blown away at how good it all was. He sent me some links to the music and I just couldn't believe how excellent they were. I have to say that I'm really honoured that he's taken the time and effort to take those old rough sounding tunes and turn them into something that I think is fantastic... I hope you all agree!

We've had a cheeky preview listen and have to concur that the album is sounding fantastic. We'll bring you a review ahead of the album's full release on 31st May, when it'll arrive on Loudr and iTunes for $10; check out full details over at the Banjo-Kazooie Symphony website. If you want to know more about Blake Robinson and his work, then perhaps you should read our interview with the man himself.

Related Games

Funny_Moblin

Funny_Moblin said:

Wow I got excited for a second. I thought a new Banjo Kazooie game was coming out for Wii U or something. But still, great! This is definitely good news since I like the soundtrack Banjo Kazooie has. Very nostalgic type of music, if I am to define it.

skjia

skjia said:

Awesome! Looking forward to this. My friend and I will occasionally start singing songs from the original, with the obligatory "uh-hug" thrown in for good measure. lol.
Good ol' nostalgia.

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

That is crazy. I have been in a Metroid and a Banjo mood lately.
I really really really wish Nintendo would get Banjo and the crew from Rare.

Dpishere

Dpishere said:

Ah Banjo-Kazooie, I have always loved the series (even Nuts & Bolts) and even though I haven't played the originals in years, I still find myself humming the music to Click Clock Woods. Truly some of the best music on the Nintendo 64!

SonataAndante

SonataAndante said:

Oh my, once I listened to the previews I decided I was buying this on day 1. Thanks for the heads up Thomas, this made me smile. I also noticed it's releasing on May 31st, which is the day the game itself came out back in 1998. If there's one game I wish I could go back and play for the first time again, Banjo-Kazooie is it.

bassoongoon

bassoongoon said:

YES! Fantastic news! I really loved Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie on the N64. The music and colorful worlds made these games super special.

I can't wait for these to come out! I am definitely going to buy it!!!

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Wow, I really hope it has a lot of music from the second game, the one i played when I was a child. Some really amazing music I still hum frequently today come from that game.

Squid

Squid said:

Ooh, very nice. :O I was also expecting a new game, too though haha. :D

Zombie_Barioth

Zombie_Barioth said:

Really looking forward to this, the banjoe series makes up two of my favorite game soundtracks and I honestly can't get enough of the opening tune and Spiral Mountain theme. The only thing that could make this better is finding a good deal on the games themselves.:D

mikeyman64

mikeyman64 said:

One of the greatest sound tracks of the N64 if you ask me. I still try and play thru Banjo 1&2 at least once a year. I enjoyed N&B(as much as one could) and Gruntilda's Revenge as well. So sad to see Rare sell out. :(