EU VC Releases - 24th August - Wrecking Crew

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

Sorry, European gamers. No Super Metroid just yet. But instead, you get underrated NES game Wrecking Crew. This odd little game went completely under the radar when it was first released (This can be blamed on Super Mario Bros. and others releasing on the same day), even though it's actually a very fun game. This one should be checked out, don't miss out on it again just like 20 years ago!Alongside Wrecking Crew we get another NES title, Lunar Pool. It's below average, but if you're a billiards fan you might want to check it out. Don't say we didn't warn you though! The VC already has better games where you sink balls into holes (Kirby's Dream Course, etc.)!As expected, Europe also gets Neutopia. This game proves that ripoffs don't always have to be bad, as it pretty much improves on The Legend of Zelda in every way. Don't miss this one.All in all, a pretty good week for Europeans, despite no Super Metroid. Check out the reviews:Wrecking Crew - NES - 500 Wii PointsLunar Pool - NES - 500 Wii PointsNeutopia - Turbografx - 600 Wii Points

Shortay

Shortay said:

Decent enough week I suppose, but it still doesn't make up for the obvious lack of Super Metroid...:(

__Tony

Tony said:

don't know why yall like wrecking crew so much, that game is so boring...

__OxKing

OxKing said:

To bad... hoped for Metroid, but also didnt expected it.
So.. not too bad anyway. Seems this week im not givin away any points.

__Hadrian

Hadrian said:

Meh I've got Super Metroid and played it many many times, Neutopia however I've just got today and is really good, better than Super Metroid in my opinion.

__Dark Warrior

Dark Warrior said:

Well, I guess I´m gettin´ Neutopia and Super Metroid will come out in October... (at least it comes out)

sco0504

sco0504 said:

no i wanted super metroid im really disapointed at least bioshock out today

__Hadrian

Hadrian said:

I doubt we'll see Super Metroid until Corruption comes out in October. Thats if Nintendo do the same as they did with the US.

__Djack

Djack said:

Wrecking crew looks decent...and I never played ii! I hope thats monday's release in America!

chiefeagle02

chiefeagle02 said:

I remember going up to New York every summer when I was younger and playing this with my cousins. It was a lot of fun. I'll definitely consider downloading this one when it comes to the USA. It's funny though..."Balloon Fight" is to "Joust" as "Wrecking Crew" is to "Burger Time"??? Anyway, Wrecking Crew is a cool title.

__Ukiome

Ukiome said:

Underrated? Not here in Sweden i would like to think. All my friends - including myself - got this bundled with the NES console. Sure, it was fun at first but I'd rather not play this one more time in my life. How hard can it be to have simultanious world wide releases of the VC games anyway? Bring on Super Metroid! (And perhaps Super Double Dragon... I always wanted to play that ;-))

said:

Super Double Dragon is ok but don't get your hopes up. Ive got and played it again the other day after reading your comment. Its not bad but not as good as it should have been. Wrecking Crew class NES game about the 4th game i got. hope it comes to the USA Wii on Monday so us importers can get it.