Bleach: The Blade of Fate on the Nintendo DS brings a couple of twists to the traditional fighting genre with fast-action, multi-plane fighting action for four players via Wi-Fi. Players will also build a power-packed Spirit Card Deck of over 50 cards on the lower screen and dish out moves that will directly affect their opponent’s gameplay. With a burgeoning cast of 28 characters, players can spend hours experiencing furious fighting gameplay and unlocking personal character stories all based on the series’ story arc.
BLEACH is a popular animated series on Cartoon Network. The series follows the life of a 15-year-old boy, Ichigo Kurosaki, who crosses paths with a Soul Reaper and becomes one. The franchise has established itself as a major anime series in Japan, and is now creating a stir in North America. The first season of the show was featured on Cartoon Network’s program, Adult Swim, and received solid ratings in America this past year. The series is poised for a successful second season in fall 2007. Simultaneously with the show season opener, the video game version of Bleach will be hitting store shelves on the Wii and Nintendo DS.
- Exciting Multiplayer fighting action. Up to four players will enjoy the fighting action via Wi-Fi connection. This game supports the Download Play feature where one player has a cartridge and transmits the game to another player’s Nintendo DS which allows them to play head-to-head.
- Variety of multi-plane 2D fighting arenas. Players can switch between the foreground and the background battlelines to chase after or escape from opponents.
- Large cast of popular characters. Players will select from 28 of their favorite characters who are all voiced by the actors from the anime series.
- Special attacks to master. Players can inflict massive damage on opponents with special Combos and Super Power Attacks taken directly from the series.
- Seven thrilling gameplay modes. Story, Arcade, Versus, Training and Challenge modes along with two unlockable modes which will provide hours of replayability and keep players coming back for more.
- Story arc builds off the TV series. The central storyline stays true to the anime series, offering players an immersive experience. This story is also supplemented by extra unlockable chapters which serve as a prequel to the anime storyline.
- Customizable Spirit Card Deck. On the lower screen, players can customize and manage their deck of over 50 Power-up Cards for boosts to Health, Attack and Defense, and much more.
- Unlockable extras. In addition to unlockable story content, there are several unlockable characters that bring a new dimension to the story, including one who is very close to our main character, Ichigo.