- Release Date
- 14th Nov 2006 (USA)
- 24th Nov 2006 (UK/EU)
- Also Known As
- Asphalt 2, Asphalt: Urban GT 2
About This Game
Asphalt 2: Urban GT™ combines the virtues of both simulation and arcade racing for the Nintendo DS™. Players will be in the driver’s seat while hitting the streets in a wide range of licensed high-performance cars and motorbikes on tracks from all over the world.
Winning races, collecting prize money, and then purchasing new vehicles and/or tuning current ones are the key to success. Asphalt 2: Urban GT™ is a solid game for both sports car enthusiast and racing fans.
- 44 Licensed Vehicles - The most recognized and well-respected racing cars and motorbikes in the world, including Lamborghini, Mercedes, Ducati, Kawasaki, Dodge, Chevrolet and many more.
- 28 Tracks (including Reverse Mode) Inspired by Real Locations - Race through the most beautiful cities in the world, in daylight or night environments: New York City, Tokyo, Paris and more.
- Dual Screen, Dual Approach - Players will have the advantage of watching their progress turn-by-turn on the bottom display of the Nintendo DS. Spy on opponents and gauge when to take risks and when to proceed with caution.
- Build, Tune, Shape - Customize your street machine to look it unique and run like no other: modify the color, the rims, increase the power of the engine, improve the grip by changing tires etc.
- Graphics and Gameplay - Outstanding 3D graphics and high speed feeling are accentuated by realistic engine sounds and original music that complement the urban environments.
- 10 gameplay modes, 62 championships with three camera angles and a replay feature to create a dynamic and immersive racing experience.
- Multiplayer Racing - Up to 4 players can race against each other using Wi-Fi wireless technology in 3 different multiplayer game modes:
* Single Race allows up to four players to race head-to-head.
* Championship mode allows up to 4 players to play some of the championship tracks from the solo evolution mode.
* Cop Chase is a 2 player cat and mouse mode where the cops attempt to capture and “lock on” their opponent for five seconds to claim victory.
- Special Features
* The famous Pussycat Dolls band will show up frequently to encourage the player.
* The player can enjoy a jukebox feature to choose its preferred tracks including licensed music from platinum-selling electronic artist, Moby.