Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 601 to 620 of 9,620

Sprite

MONKEY FOR NO REASON OTHER TO LIVEN UP THIS DISSCUSSION!!!!!!!!!

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens.
Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

Eel

@portealmario: I'm glad you found it useful!

@Cocobanana: I really wish I could help you, but I'm about as MML impaired as a potato.
I guess the reason no one else has answered your question is because they don't really know how to use MML either.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Cocobanana

Aha, im the same as you..
It just does not make any sense

Cocobanana

ramstrong

triotip wrote:

@ramstrong
i have used spcol & sphit but they aren't working
do you know how to make icy movement? (were it slowly increases then once you let go slowly decrases to a stop(by it i mean the speed))

I don't know what you're talking about because SPHIT certainly works fine.
No built-in support for icy movement (also called ease in-ease out). You need to do it the hard way.
As long as you do things the hard way, check sprite hit using Rectangle Overlap/Intersection algorithm.

@Cocobanana
@Morphtroid

Kids today are so spoiled. I know MML isn't the easiest thing in the world, but once you have the string, just copy the program they give you and put it your own data on it. What can be the problem?

@Morphtroid
I wouldn't suggest GPAINT. It'd be too slow, and depending on graphics, may not be complete. I suggest COLSET as a way to do it.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Sprite

DON'T DISS THE GOD OF PROGRAMMING OR HIS LITTLE PIXLE CREATIONS WILL MANIFEST AND DELETE ALL YOUR GAME DATA ESSPECIALLY ON ANGRY BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens.

ramstrong

Sprite wrote:

DON'T DISS THE GOD OF PROGRAMMING OR HIS LITTLE PIXLE CREATIONS WILL MANIFEST AND DELETE ALL YOUR GAME DATA ESSPECIALLY ON ANGRY BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!

I may be a simpleton, but some things I know. Delete all my Angry Birds data? Who cares? I never played the game, anyway.
PS: You're wrong. Or rather, inaccurate. Morphtroid isn't the God of Programming. That's Don Knuth. Morphtroid is God of Petit Computer Programming. Domain specific, you know?

Petit Computer Journal

Icebender7

You guys are doing great I was wondering how to make the program ask yes or no, not by typing it in but by moving with the + pad and the A button, and then get different results depending on the answer using the GOTO command.

Icebender7

Sprite

GASP!

Sprite

Also I changed some of the coding (by some I mean I basiclly kept the commands)to make SALLY CAVE JOHNSON! Also I'm working on a program that changes words into that phase ten clock design

Icebender7

Sprite wrote:

GASP!

gasp? <_< not the answer i needed, lol

Icebender7

Sprite

That was in response to ramstrong not playing angry birds

Icebender7

Sprite wrote:

That was in response to ramstrong not playing angry birds

GASP!

Icebender7

Sprite

I KNOW Right!

ramstrong

@Sprite
That's totally uncalled for. Not only it is irrelevant to the thread, but the Angry Bird issue has been long decided. Type in "Angry Bird" in search box, and see the news item $49 pieces of plastic. Your #607 post is bad enough, but this is so close to "walling" that I think I will report this if this gets any worse. Let's keep to the topic, please.

Petit Computer Journal

portealmario

I feel sick, I have been working on a program for forever, and the emtire thing was just deleted. I was really happy with it and was going to post a QR code for it tomorrow. 😵😵😵😵

meng 😐
3ds friend code:1762-2769-7142

Eel

Oh wow I'm sorry to hear that. I usually try to save my "big" programs to the SD card every now and then to have back ups if I do anything stupid.
It usually happens that I do awesome changes to a program just to Load it again when I want to Run it. I hate that.

On an unrelated note, I bought "Atari's Greatest Hits Vol. 2" for the DS some days ago, it comes with a lot of "Petit Computer-izable" game ideas I can't wait to try when my new stylus arrives... It also comes with a BASIC compiler that I can't understand at all lol, but I already have Petit Computer for that.
If any of you want good & easy game ideas, I totally recommend you to play atari games.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ramstrong

I'm going to get on the soap box here for a while, please excuse me.

We have a good, nay, a GREAT chance to make this forum THE place to be for Petit Computer. Can you tell me where else, on the internet, can you find good Petit Computer resource, that isn't in Japanese? I can't find any. The other forums are too fragmented, and not enough contributors. This forum is alive and well, especially since we have Morphtroid God of Petit Computer here with us. We have the chance to make this place a great place for everybody.

But no one wants to wade through irrelevant posting to find their answer. It's bad enough that it took several postings for Cocobanana to post his code, which allows me to solve his problem in one post. Cocobanana still defaults to the post "It doesn't work". So does triotip. Which is false, and not at all contributing to the forum. Expect to see me say "It does work." because Petit Computer works.

No one wants to see "It doesn't work" "It works" "No, it doesn't" "Yes, it does" repeated ad infinitum, yet here it is. Why does that happen? Why do people have trouble with the most basic stuff, and instead of admitting ignorance, just blame the tool? Look, if you have problem with something, you can ask, and I will answer, but not if your whole and complete post consists of "It doesn't work".

POST YOUR CODE! But not your buggy program. Eliminate the problem, then WRITE A WHOLE NEW PROGRAM just to illustrate the problem in the simplest, easiest manner possible. No one wants to see 200 lines of buggy code, either. At the very least, be able to answer the question "At what point do you start having trouble?" Post the answer along with your question, because without it, I cannot help you. I cannot read your mind.

Please help me make this forum great. Thanks, BTW, to Nintendo Life for hosting this forum. It this forum really takes off, that's quite a bit of bandwidth we'll be using! Anyway, please keep signal to noise ratio to a high level.

To all newcomers here: Welcome! This is a friendly place where you will get help. PLEASE READ ALL THE POSTING IN THE TUTORIAL THREAD. It acts as FAQ, and that will answer most of the questions. Any other question, please use the search box. Most of your questions are already answered. You just have to find it. Then have fun! Computer programming is definitely fun. It makes you smart, and lets you have free games of your own design. Imagine that, a game made JUST FOR YOU!

Thank you for reading.

Petit Computer Journal

ramstrong

Icebender7 wrote:

You guys are doing great I was wondering how to make the program ask yes or no, not by typing it in but by moving with the + pad and the A button, and then get different results depending on the answer using the GOTO command.

If you google "Petit Computer how to use buttons", you should see my blog where I did a lot of explanations on buttons and how they work. There's also a post on QR code thread on reading dpad/buttons. Look for @SETB5 subroutine.

But if I read you right, I suggest that you abandon the dpad idea and just use A for OK, and B for CANCEL. It's cleaner and easier that way.

Petit Computer Journal

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic