DSiWare Forum

Topic: Petit Computer

Showing 601 to 620 of 9,435

AuthorMessage

portealmario

601. Posted:

Can anybody help me with seprate files, and getting programs to reference them? I tried looking at the "save" and "load" commands, but it says nothing. I want a program to save data from previous sessions abd use it in future sessions.

meng 😐
3ds friend code:1762-2769-7142

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

602. Posted:

I have something about that in the tutorials tread.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

portealmario

603. Posted:

Thanks @morphtriod, that really helped

meng 😐

AuthorMessage

Cocobanana

604. Posted:

Cocobanana wrote:

I just dont understand it :/.

Lets just say i wanted to use this song:
http://www.mabinogiworld.com/showthread.php?7555-D-Super-Mari...

Its already in MML, but how would i write it to make it work on petit computer?

Cocobanana

AuthorMessage

Sprite

605. Posted:

MONKEY FOR NO REASON OTHER TO LIVEN UP THIS DISSCUSSION!!!!!!!!!

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens. Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

606. Posted:

@portealmario: I'm glad you found it useful!

@Cocobanana: I really wish I could help you, but I'm about as MML impaired as a potato.
I guess the reason no one else has answered your question is because they don't really know how to use MML either.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Cocobanana

607. Posted:

Aha, im the same as you..
It just does not make any sense

Cocobanana

AuthorMessage

ramstrong

608. Posted:

triotip wrote:

@ramstrong
i have used spcol & sphit but they aren't working
do you know how to make icy movement? (were it slowly increases then once you let go slowly decrases to a stop(by it i mean the speed))

I don't know what you're talking about because SPHIT certainly works fine.
No built-in support for icy movement (also called ease in-ease out). You need to do it the hard way.
As long as you do things the hard way, check sprite hit using Rectangle Overlap/Intersection algorithm.

@Cocobanana
@Morphtroid

Kids today are so spoiled. I know MML isn't the easiest thing in the world, but once you have the string, just copy the program they give you and put it your own data on it. What can be the problem?

@Morphtroid
I wouldn't suggest GPAINT. It'd be too slow, and depending on graphics, may not be complete. I suggest COLSET as a way to do it.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

AuthorMessage

Sprite

609. Posted:

DON'T DISS THE GOD OF PROGRAMMING OR HIS LITTLE PIXLE CREATIONS WILL MANIFEST AND DELETE ALL YOUR GAME DATA ESSPECIALLY ON ANGRY BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not saying let's kill all the stupid people, I'm just saying let's take off the warning labels, and see what happens. Friend Code: 1075-1228-4183

AuthorMessage

ramstrong

610. Posted:

Sprite wrote:

DON'T DISS THE GOD OF PROGRAMMING OR HIS LITTLE PIXLE CREATIONS WILL MANIFEST AND DELETE ALL YOUR GAME DATA ESSPECIALLY ON ANGRY BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!

I may be a simpleton, but some things I know. Delete all my Angry Birds data? Who cares? I never played the game, anyway. :)
PS: You're wrong. Or rather, inaccurate. Morphtroid isn't the God of Programming. That's Don Knuth. Morphtroid is God of Petit Computer Programming. Domain specific, you know?

Petit Computer Journal

AuthorMessage

Icebender7

611. Posted:

You guys are doing great :o I was wondering how to make the program ask yes or no, not by typing it in but by moving with the + pad and the A button, and then get different results depending on the answer using the GOTO command.

Icebender7

AuthorMessage

Sprite

612. Posted:

GASP!

AuthorMessage

Sprite

613. Posted:

Also I changed some of the coding (by some I mean I basiclly kept the commands)to make SALLY CAVE JOHNSON! Also I'm working on a program that changes words into that phase ten clock design

AuthorMessage

Icebender7

614. Posted:

Sprite wrote:

GASP!

gasp? <_< not the answer i needed, lol

Icebender7

AuthorMessage

Sprite

615. Posted:

That was in response to ramstrong not playing angry birds

AuthorMessage

Icebender7

616. Posted:

Sprite wrote:

That was in response to ramstrong not playing angry birds

GASP!

Icebender7

AuthorMessage

Sprite

617. Posted:

I KNOW Right!

AuthorMessage

ramstrong

618. Posted:

@Sprite
That's totally uncalled for. Not only it is irrelevant to the thread, but the Angry Bird issue has been long decided. Type in "Angry Bird" in search box, and see the news item $49 pieces of plastic. Your #607 post is bad enough, but this is so close to "walling" that I think I will report this if this gets any worse. Let's keep to the topic, please.

Petit Computer Journal

AuthorMessage

portealmario

619. Posted:

I feel sick, I have been working on a program for forever, and the emtire thing was just deleted. I was really happy with it and was going to post a QR code for it tomorrow. 😵😵😵😵

meng 😐

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

620. Posted:

Oh wow I'm sorry to hear that. I usually try to save my "big" programs to the SD card every now and then to have back ups if I do anything stupid.
It usually happens that I do awesome changes to a program just to Load it again when I want to Run it. I hate that.

On an unrelated note, I bought "Atari's Greatest Hits Vol. 2" for the DS some days ago, it comes with a lot of "Petit Computer-izable" game ideas I can't wait to try when my new stylus arrives... It also comes with a BASIC compiler that I can't understand at all lol, but I already have Petit Computer for that.
If any of you want good & easy game ideas, I totally recommend you to play atari games.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.