Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Cooks Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 265

Snatcher

@Eel Well I'm probably going to go make an egg sandwich now, its been a wile since I had one.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 4 golden!

WoomyNNYes

I made breakfast burritos with egg, musroom, spinach. It tasted good. However, when I bit into the burrito, water kept leaking out because of the reduced spinach held onto water. Either don't use spinach, or you need to squeeze the water of it after cooking. Damn you cooked veggy topings!!! (same problem can happen on pizza with pineapple, spinach, etc)

-such a rookie mistake

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

NinChocolate

@WoomyNNYes mmm mushrooms, nice choice 👌 With your spinach, did you happen to use mature spinach or baby spinach leaves?

NinChocolate

NinChocolate

@CactusMan sounds like a good combination. Well-peppered Brussels sprouts are delish

NinChocolate

Sunsy

Tonight's dinner, pasta with sausage sliced up in sauce. I cooked some sausage, and then sliced it and let it simmer in the sauce while the pasta cooked. Done with sweet Italian sausage, but can also be made with the hot kind too, or a mix of both!

Untitled

@WoomyNNYes I usually keep it simple for breakfast burritos, scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese, and breakfast sausage.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

NinChocolate

@Sunsy spicy sausage in pasta sauce sounds right down my alley. Is that linguine?

NinChocolate

NinChocolate

Made red rice with poblano and cheese (and some green olive because I love green olive and rice)
Untitled

NinChocolate

Sunsy

@NinChocolate I love spicy sausage. Usually I like getting the Premo pack with sweet and spicy for when I'm not having it in sauce. My mother can't eat spicy, me on the other hand, I love it. Yes, that is linguine.

Your rice dish looks good. I'm wondering, do you like Mexican food the most? I'm noticing a trend with what you cook.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Guest-LogIn-SignUp

Helped my mum cook a pork and ginger stir fry, I suppose. Should probably cook more often. Getting lazy, I am.

Guest-LogIn-SignUp

NinChocolate

Choco walnut cake with a dulce de leche topping I also made
Untitled

NinChocolate

Sunsy

As someone who remembers the original "Let's bake a cake" thread name, well...

Untitled

Just felt like baking one, though it's just box cake mix.

@NinChocolate Very awesome! They all look good.

NinChocolate

@Sunsy Yes! I was hoping to see some baking on here. Admittedly I’m not a huge baker, but I’m trying to incorporate more of it in my meals. Your cake with sprinkles looks tasty. I’m inspired to put sprinkles on my next one!

NinChocolate

Sunsy

@NinChocolate Yeah, I wasn't going to put sprinkles on, but I saw I had some and thought "why not?" It was nice to do since I don't bake stuff often, I should try and do it more. BTW, the choco walnut cake looks great.

WoomyNNYes

I made potato soup last night. My mom's recipe. I was going to take a pic of it, but white-ish potato soup looks kinda boring, even though I love how it tastes. There are recipes with more ingredients, but I still like the taste of this simpler recipe best.

potato, onion, celery, butter, salt, pepper.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

NintendoByNature

Today's been a two-fer.

Starting out making home made chicken fried rice for lunch.

For dinner, corned beef in the crockpot.

On the smoker, turned a corned beef brisket into smoked pastrami. Just got done resting and sliced it up. Had to give it a little taste, and WOW! It packs a nice punch.

NintendoByNature

Rambler

Tonight, bkelia with butter beans topped with marinaded & fried tofu and chickpeas.

Chickpeas were a bit of a diaster, as they were quite soft instead of crispy (and also hotter than the centre of the sun), but the whole thing was very tasty, and not that difficult to make.

Next time fry the chickpeas properly and maybe add some crispy bread. And more lemon and parsley.

Rambler

Ninfan

@Fizza you baked your own cake, no family to help. That was a pity.👍

Ninfan

Sunsy

Made homemade burgers tonight, tried making them based off my meatball recipe. I enjoyed it. Fries on the other hand are frozen and not homemade, though I have made potato wedges in the past.

Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic