Dead Cells, the game that seemingly just keeps on giving, has been updated by developer Motion Twin to version 1.19.1, introducing a number of quality-of-life improvements that should make for a better experience for everyone.
While not as substantial as previous updates, there have been a number of improvements to the graphics and UI, along with some general bug fixes. Here are the full patch notes from Motion Twin:
- The Dive Attack Fire affix now always triggers, no matter the diving height.
Graphics & UI
- Aligned all the synergy and affixes icons in the item descriptions.
- Moved the controller warning on the Main Menu, to prevent a text overlap.
- Fixed some "List Options" overlapping with their title.
- Removed a little arrow icon displaying on damage pop-ups, when an attack bonus is active. It has been there for years. We don't know if anyone has ever noticed it. But we did.
Quality of life
- The Auto-jump option cannot trigger when climbing a ladder anymore.
- Fixed not being able to crouch on controller, after updating the game to U29. This fix only prevents the bug from happening when updating the game. If you are currently experiencing this problem, resetting the controls to default fixes it.
- Fixed Pollo Power not triggering "when the effect ends" affixes.
- Fixed a softlock when entering Ossuary with Pollo Power active.
- Fixed a softlock when dying in the Bank's Challenge Room with a Multiple Lives active.
- Fixed a softlock when dying to Timekeeper with Multiple Lives active.
- Fixed a crash where the game would try to compute synergies of non-existing items.
- Fixed a crash when loading a save in Undying Shores.
- Fixed a crash when loading an old save onto U29.
- Fixed a crash when disabling the Crit Feedbacks option in the main menu.
- Fixed mobs' and bosses' life going back to full when reloading a save.
- Fixed The Scarecrow replaying its watering animation everytime a save is reloaded.
- Fixed high priority sounds sometimes cutting off for no apparent reason.
- Fixed a crash on console when trying to display "Glitched" elements with an outline.
- Fixed a lot of cases where the Shop Mimic wouldn't eat its item at the start of the fight.
- Fixed the Update Pop-up showing up everytime the players starts a new run
Make sure to let us know in the comments if you're still playing Dead Cells, and whether this new update address any specific concerns you have!