Publisher Merge Games has shared a brand new video of the rather delightful-looking Time on Frog Island as pre-orders go live on the US and UK Switch eShops — an exclusive trailer that includes a little sing-along with an overview of what the game is all about. Talk about a frog chorus, eh?
If you've somehow missed it, Time on Frog Island is a sandbox adventure where you'll need to barter with the locale frog folk in order to gain the necessary items to make your way back home. The new video gives you a great idea of the kinds of things involved, with a catchy ditty to boot.
If the game's blend of Zelda-style trading and Animal Crossing-style island wandering sounds familiar already, you might remember it from when the lovely Zion-from-Nintendo-Life took a look at the game earlier this year — you can check out that video at the bottom of the page.
Physical copies are available to pre-order now via the Signature Edition Games website at a price of £29.99 for the Switch, but will also be available from other major retailers.
Here's a list of features from Merge Games:
Explore at your own pace
- Make your own path in this island sandbox, you never know what will be around the next corner!
- Get to know the froggy locals and help out where you can.
- Discover new items by fishing and farming, and concoct simple brews that will change how you traverse the island.
- Learn from the frogs and put your new skills to the test around the island.
Trade to fix your boat
- Ask around for the items you need, but bear in mind that you might need to do a frog a favor to get what you want.
- Solve interesting puzzles to get your hands on required items.
- Try not to get too sidetracked by island life!
Experiment with everything!
- Run faster, jump higher, fall slower, anything is possible if you’re holding the right item.
- Discover different ways to complete those crucial trades.
- Each object you pick up could end up being the key to something bigger.
Time on Frog Island will launch digitally on July 12th, whereas the physical copies will launch a few days later on July 15th.
Please note that some external links on this page are affiliate links, which means if you click them and make a purchase we may receive a small percentage of the sale. Please read our FTC Disclosure for more information.
Are you excited to get stuck in on Frog Island? Let us know in the comments and watch Zion's first visit in the video below.