Don't throw that Wii U away just yet, folks, because something new is headed our way very soon indeed.
Ultra Dolphin Revolution, an indie developer that's been busy keeping the Wii U alive since the arrival of the Nintendo Switch, has announced that it plans to celebrate Wii U's ninth anniversary (which is today!) with one final game.
Called Captain U, the game is a 2D platformer that makes use of the console's dual-screen capabilities, touch screen controls, and motion controls, and is said to be a "celebration of our Wii U games and our fans". With Ultra Dolphin Revolution being the only developer this committed to Nintendo's ageing console, it's pretty like that this game will be the last to hit the Wii U eShop.
Here's some more info:
Welcome to this new, yet familiar, universe. You are known as Captain U and you are here to locate the missing princess! Equipped with this universe’s legendary weapon, the PowerPad, you will utilize your unique powers to find the princess and save the universe!
- Adventure through 9 challenging levels!
- Explore some familiar areas with a new twist!
- Utilize your new founded PowerPad Powers to create or move platforms or defeat enemies!
- Play on the big screen or the small screen. Switch between screens during game play!
- Try to get the highest score possible!
Captain U will launch in December 2021 across North America, Europe, and Australia, priced at $2.99/ € 2.99.
Will you be giving this one a go for old time's sake?