It was around a year ago that Paradox Interactive and developer Iceflake Studios featured in a Mini Nintendo Direct with Surviving the Aftermath, a rather intriguing strategy title. Now, after an extended time in early access on PC - that contributed to 20 major updates based on community feedback - it's ready to go to version 1.0 and join the Switch eShop. It arrives on 16th November priced at $29.99 USD / £26.99 GBP / €29.99 EUR.
Its most recent reviews on Steam point to the game having progressed and improved a good deal, so it'll be interesting to see how it stacks up on Nintendo's system. As you'd expect it'll be pretty challenging as you attempt to survive and thrive after a 'world-ending event'; check out some of the official description below.
- Build and Manage a Colony: Build and manage a colony of survivors after a world-ending event. Construct more than 130 buildings and survive a harsh world filled with danger. Stay prepared, a natural disaster or environmental catastrophe can doom an ill-equipped settlement.
- Recruit and Manage Specialists: Recruit over 80 unique specialists, each with their own skills and motivations, to manage your colony’s resources. Outfit your specialists with gear to defend the colony from attacking bandits and rampaging wildlife.
- Explore a Procedurally Generated World: Send your specialists outside your colony and into a procedurally generated world. Meet rival colony leaders and trade resources or compete for survival. Specialists can set up outposts and gather materials, giving your colony an edge.
- Make Tough Choices: Surviving the post-apocalypse means making impossible decisions. The colony’s fate depends on your judgement, every choice can impact your colony’s happiness and affect its future.
- Discover the Truth: Specialists will stumble upon mysteries while exploring the world. Uncover secrets surrounding the apocalypse and prepare your colony for survival if it should happen again.
One for the wishlist? Let us know what you think, as always, in the comments.