Famitsu's Japanese chart figures are now in for the week ending 29th August, revealing that Tsukihime: A Piece of Blue Glass Moon has debuted at number one.
The visual novel remake launched on 26th August in Japan, earning itself 72,237 physical sales on Switch and a further 66,171 physical sales on PS4 in its opening weekend. The game comfortably leads this week's chart, with Nintendo's Ring Fit Adventure next up in third with 15,671 sales.
No More Heroes III is the only other newcomer in the top ten, picking up 7,951 physical sales to land in ninth. Switch titles make up nine of that list in total, with just the aforementioned PS4 version of Tsukihime breaking the trend.
Here are the top ten (first numbers are this week's estimated sales, followed by total sales):
- [NSW] Tsukihime: A Piece of Blue Glass Moon (Aniplex, 08/26/21) – 72,237 (New)
- [PS4] Tsukihime: A Piece of Blue Glass Moon (Aniplex, 08/26/21) – 66,171 (New)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo, 10/18/19) – 15,671 (2,788,621)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 14,838 (4,009,933)
- [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 13,860 (2,153,053)
- [NSW] Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! (Konami, 11/19/20) – 12,023 (2,348,554)
- [NSW] Yu-Gi-Oh! Rush Duel: Saikyo Battle Royale!! (Konami, 08/12/21) – 9,491 (122,530)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo, 12/07/18) – 8,536 (4,397,935)
- [NSW] No More Heroes III (Marvelous, 08/27/21) – 7,951 (New)
- [NSW] Pokémon Sword and Shield (The Pokémon Company, 11/15/19) – 7,499 (4,120,436)
In the hardware charts, Sony's PS5 has had a stronger week than usual and has outsold the Switch Lite during the period. Sales of the original Switch are also down week-on-week, but not enough to ruin its chances of leading the pack. Here are this week's figures, followed by lifetime sales in brackets:
- Switch – 52,488 (16,959,653)
- PlayStation 5 – 17,852 (831,841)
- Switch Lite – 10,766 (4,030,951)
- Xbox Series X – 2,848 (56,941)
- Xbox Series S – 2,821 (26,355)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 2,302 (163,740)
- PlayStation 4 – 2,067 (7,805,991)
- New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 509 (1,171,305)
Any surprises this week? Let us know in the comments.