Famitsu's Japanese chart figures are now in for the week ending 22nd August, revealing that Ring Fit Adventure has returned to the number one spot.
Nintendo's fitness RPG managed to narrowly outsell Yu-Gi-Oh! Rush Duel: Saikyo Battle Royale!! this week, which has fallen from the first-place debut it achieved last week. The majority of the top ten is made of up Switch games, but the newly released Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut has put a dent in proceedings not once, but twice, with both its PS5 and PS4 versions reaching fifth and seventh respectively.
Ghost of Tsushima's positioning incidentally puts an end to Switch's incredible recent chart domination, in which the system had managed to claim all top 30 chart positions in Japan for two consecutive weeks.
Here are the top ten (first numbers are this week's estimated sales, followed by total sales):
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo, 10/18/19) – 17,656 (2,772,950)
- [NSW] Yu-Gi-Oh! Rush Duel: Saikyo Battle Royale!! (Konami, 08/12/21) – 16,742 (113,039)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 15,756 (3,995,095)
- [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 15,385 (2,139,193)
- [PS5] Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut (SIE, 08/20/21) – 13,745 (New)
- [NSW] Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! (Konami, 11/19/20) – 13,581 (2,336,531)
- [PS4] Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut (SIE, 08/20/21) – 10,224 (New)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo, 12/07/18) – 8,870 (4,389,399)
- [NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury (Nintendo, 02/12/21) – 8,212 (857,492)
- [NSW] Super Mario Party (Nintendo, 10/05/18) – 6,810 (1,970,823)
Switch is still leading the way in the hardware charts, with the original model performing strongly as ever and the Lite just managing to outperform the PS5. Here are this week's figures, followed by lifetime sales in brackets:
- Switch – 62,022 (16,907,165)
- Switch Lite – 10,505 (4,020,185)
- PlayStation 5 – 10,083 (813,989)
- Xbox Series X – 2,932 (54,093)
- Xbox Series S – 2,850 (23,534)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 2,555 (161,438)
- PlayStation 4 – 943 (7,803,924)
- New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 522 (1,170,796)
Any surprises this week? Let us know in the comments.