While it doesn't have the snappiest name, we've been rather intrigued to see how Agatha Christie - Hercule Poirot: The First Cases turns out on Switch. Though we don't yet have an answer on how well it stacks up on Nintendo's system (we do have a review planned), there is a rather dramatic launch trailer to enjoy.
It sets the scene nicely, though the heavy percussion-led cuts seem like a slightly odd approach for a detective game in which the protagonist presumably regularly fiddles with their moustache. In any case, it gets the juices flowing.
The game is out today in Europe, but lands a bit later on 5th October in North America; below is part of the official game description.
- (Re)discover the legendary detective in an untold crime story, by playing as Hercule Poirot at the beginning of his detective career, when he still has everything to prove.
- Put your little grey cells to the test by using your deduction skills to connect clues together in your mindmap. The mindmap will allow you to visualise and link the elements of the case in order to draw your own conclusions… and shed light on the culprit in a surprising denouement!
- Solve a complex murder case and find out what hides behind the deceptive appearances of the Van den Bosch family.
- Question all the suspects and glean crucial information from them without their knowing. Pick up on all suspicious behaviour as you uncover the dark secrets and rivalries of the Belgian upper class.
- Explore a luxurious house full of buried mysteries. Uncovering the murderer won’t be the only puzzle you’ll have to solve…
Let us know in the comments if you're planning to pick this up or perhaps put it on the wishlist.