Back in June, thanks to the Limited Run Games E3 broadcast, we learned that WayForward and publisher Ziggurat Interactive have been working on an updated version of BloodRayne Betrayal, a 2011 hack ‘n slash platformer that skipped Nintendo systems at the time. The new version is called BloodRayne Betrayal: Fresh Bites, and we now have a confirmed release date.
The game will be launching on Switch, as well as PC, PS4, PS5, and Xbox, on 9th September. Joining original developer WayForward for the remake are members of the original voice cast, including The Last of Us: Part II stars Laura Bailey (Rayne) and Troy Baker (Kagan).
You'll be able to pick it up digitally across all platforms, but PlayStation and Switch owners will also be able to grab a physical release through Limited Run Games.
- All-New Voice Acting: Originally released without any spoken dialog, the new BloodRayne Betrayal will feature AAA-quality voice acting by Laura Bailey and Troy Baker reprising their roles as Rayne and Kagan. Patrick Seitz and Todd Haberkorn are also featured as voice actors in the game, bringing more of its characters to life.
- Enhanced Edition: Higher resolution character sprites and support for HD displays (up to 4K) are just a few new details added to the game that help Rayne strut her stuff on modern PCs and consoles.
- Advanced Controller Support: Fresh Bites brings improved support for haptic features on modern console controllers.
- Modern Console Release: Rayne returns to console including a first-ever release on Nintendo Switch.
- Physical Edition: Collectors rejoice! Fresh Bites will receive an exclusive physical edition release for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch through Limited Run Games.
Looking forward to checking this one out next month? Let us know if you've played any entries in the BloodRayne series with a comment below.