We've already spent quite a few column inches on the much-awaited 1.0.5 patch for Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town, and how it'll go some way to fixing the tedious Maker machines and the boring dialogue. The patch was released in Japan at the beginning of the month, and now — after localisation and certification delays — it's finally coming to the West.
It's safe to say that this patch is the one that most players have been looking forward to, since it deals with a lot of the bigger issues that weighed the game down at launch. The XSEED blog blames the delay between the Japanese release and this one on the "large volume of additional text that had to be localized," which gives us hope that the dialogue will be refreshed in a big way.
The current release date is Saturday the 26th of June, so hopefully there won't be any last-minute problems that push it back any further.
Also on the XSEED blog, the developers spoke about the next patch, 1.0.6, which will add the following changes:
- Makes it easier to see who is running the event at festivals
- Adds an event for when the player participates in the Egg Festival by themself
- Add the ability to change your child/your animals’ names
The option to change your child/your animals’ names has been added to available blessings at the shrine
- Improves visuals when completing town requests
- Improves visuals when upgrading tools
- Improves character behavior when talking to villagers who are eating, fishing, etc.
- Implements a new message when returning home at 2AM
- Fixes an issue where the game could freeze after the child adoption event when several events occur in succession
- Fixes an issue where the load screen could freeze when leaving a coop
- Fixes an issue where the game could freeze during the Mushroom Hunt when picking up a mushroom after changing the camera distance in a certain area
- Fixes an issue where the game could freeze when the player interacts with an animal immediately before it returns to its coop or barn
- Fixes an issue where the game could freeze when starting the game with no controller connected
- Fixes an issue where pressing the A button repeatedly while moving in front of an unrepaired farm facility could cause actions that use the A button, such as picking up items, to not work
- Other minor bug fixes
So, although we ask this pretty much every time we cover the Story of Seasons patches: Will this be the patch that brings you back to the game, or are you done with Pioneers of Olive Town for the foreseeable future? Let us know in the comments below!