Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town received a whole lot of criticism on launch thanks to its slow, time-consuming way of doing things. Luckily, the developers heard the feedback and promised a huge patch to fix many of the issues, with more patches to come later in the year, too.
Patch 1.0.5 is the big one, and it went live in Japan last week (it's not yet available in the West), bringing a host of changes that will hopefully improve the game's performance, playability, and writing. Here's the full list of changes, as noted by Harvest Moon blog FOGU:
- Maker machines can now process up to ten of the same item — e.g. 50 silver ore can be placed in the machine to make 10 silver ingots. Materials cannot be mixed, and the output will still be one at a time
- The stuttering and pauses have been improved for a smoother experience
- Players can now exit buildings without having to press A to confirm, although they will still have to press A to enter a building
- A visible affection heart has been added to the dialogue boxes for marriage candidates. The more full the heart is, the more that character likes you
- The tool target box has been changed, and now you can hold down one of the shoulder buttons to lock the target box in the four main directions — up, down, left, and right. The target box will still appear on areas you can't use your tools, like in Olive Town
- The food that you order in the café will now more accurately reflect the meal you chose, instead of always appearing as a grilled fish with tea. However, this change has not been applied to villager meals or to your spouse's meals in the farmhouse
- Some simple dishes, like Potato Salad, now take only 15 minutes to cook, instead of 30 minutes
- The conversations and dialogue with the villagers has been improved, with slightly more topics than just the upcoming and past town festivals
- The silo and silage can now store up to 99 fodder each
- There's been a change to do with same day gift-giving, love confessions, and proposals
As well as all these changes, there's also a 1.0.6 patch in the works, which will add more interest to the Egg Festival and minor bug fixes, and more patches to come later.
Just to reiterate — the patch isn't yet live anywhere except Japan, where the game has been out for a month longer. Presumably, we'll be getting it some time in June or early July.
Will these changes make you pick up PoOT again, or have you put down the pitchfork for good? Let us know in the comments!
[source news-bokumono.marv.jp, via fogu.com]
I stopped playing this game for a while because I wanted to wait for the patch, so I could have the best experience possible. Most of my concerns have been addressed with this patch, so whenever it goes live here in North America, I'll jump back into the game! I'm looking forward to it, because I really did have fun with the game from what I played so far, but now it'll just be that much better.
My favorite feature is the new food models.
Will be hanging out in the cafe more often.
The larger silos will be nice. I got hit with a thunderstorm and three rainy days back to back and thought my cows were considering hiding my body.
Been playing and waiting for patches...
Hehe, PoOT. I've been waiting for the update and the latest DLC to jump back into my farm.
Hey, um... it’s not a criticism, I guess it’s more like trivia... But the proper capitalization would be FOGU. It’s an acronym, and stands for Federation of Golden Underwear. The site-owner Cherubae is also a Ninja Turtles fan!
@StardusterEX you know, I always wondered what it meant! Thanks
I bought this a while back despite saying I wouldn't and it was just okay in my opinion. I don't know how much these improvements will help it.
Now I see why people are leaving this game again...ahhh yeah I am done here, I'm not gonna be touching it.
Very sad that they outright just having issues to just english translate some minor dialog - that's about it. By the way the lag for this game, yeah it's still there :/...it didn't fix the lag at all. There is a youtuber who owns the Japanese game, has been playing the game and on live play he did even though he had the patch on the game still lagged, he hoped with 1.6 the lag just disappears hopefully
Thing is that, none of this shouldn't have happen but you don't have the real developers who created this franchise, you just got people who never knew what they were doing and one that messed it up completely on Twitter smh.
I can't wait for rune factory 5 english translation, at least there adding updates to fix certain issues with the game, looks great in art form but the graphics need a bit of fixing cause of the pixel areas it has.
Game still worth playing.
I dropped the game like a hot potato and was honestly disappointed in it. It didn’t live up to the hype, nor to it’s predecessors. Hoping the patch changes that. The biggest disappointment for me was the flat characters and sparse dialogue. Maybe Rune Factory spoiled me? Fingers crossed the patch is a big improvement.
Tap here to load 9 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...