Mayhem Brawler was announced by Hero Concept late last year, promising an updated take on '90s arcade beat 'em ups, blending urban brawling with more fantastical elements. Pleasingly it now has a firm release date, heading to Switch eShop and various other platforms on 18th August.
It looks promising, with stylish visuals but most importantly some fresh ideas; you can see details and a new trailer below.
- A fresh take on classic 90s-style beat 'em ups
- Offline co-op mode that supports up to 3 players
- Ability to alter the game flow with player-led decisions
- Fully voice-acted story experience and 11 different language options for subtitles
- 3 unique endings based on player’s choices
- Unique combat mechanics
- 3 playable characters against 30 mobs including 12 unique bosses
- Hand-drawn comic book-inspired art, frame-by-frame animated characters, and a rocking soundtrack
There'll be a preview demo rolling out soon, which will include two characters and three stages; it'll be part of Steam Next Fest on June 16-22, and Xbox Summer Game Fest on June 15-21, so if you have the hardware there'll be a chance to try it out.
Is this one for the wishlist?