Star Wars: Republic Commando is a great game, but last month's release on Nintendo Switch didn't go down so well.
Players noticed some serious frame rate issues and various other bugs that probably shouldn't have been there in the first place. Fortunately, Aspyr seems to be getting the situation under control - with the developer announcing Patch 1.0.2 is now available for the Nintendo version of the game.
It focuses on improving the frame rate and performance, and also includes some bug fixes. Here's the full rundown:
Patch 1.0.2 - 20th May 2021
- Performance Optimizations
- There were a handful of areas in which the frame rate was lower than expected, most noticeable early in the first level. There were also areas in which the frame rate itself wasn’t impacted, but that the gameplay experience didn’t match. It was important for us to address both, so development went through the game adding additional optimizations. One of these optimizations included adjusting how the game was handling audio, to free up more system resources for performance.
- This had the added benefit of not just improving performance in the areas where it was either low or felt low, but improved the overall performance throughout the entire game.
- Resolved Issues When Rebinding Keys
- We resolved some bugs that were causing the game to not display the proper button prompts or register that specific buttons on the JoyCon were being pressed.
Have you downloaded this latest update for Star Wars: Republic Commando yet? What are your thoughts so far? Leave a comment down below.