As featured in the Nintendo Life Indie Spotlight presentation, Alwa's Legacy has been confirmed for a Switch release at the end of September. The game, a sequel to Alwa's Awakening, will be available on Switch eShop on 29th September.
The latest adventure from developer Elden Pixels continues mining that delicious vein of classic Metroidvania-style gameplay as Alwa embarks a whole new adventure with dungeons and enchanted items to discover in a brand-new non-linear 2D platformer with that good old-fashioned retro flavour.
The game launched on Steam back in June, and the PC version currently holds a 'Very Positive' rating. Check out the launch trailer above and feel free to browse some official details and screenshots below:
Customize how you play
Exploration is rewarded
- With our upgrade system you can choose how you want to play – Explorative, offensive or strategic. It’s your choice!
A non-linear experience
- Don’t leave any stone unturned, the world of Alwa is filled with secrets and finding them requires you to explore and solve puzzles
Looks and sounds amazing
- Combining exploration and different item upgrades allows you to find your own way through this adventure
A challenge awaits
- Enjoy crisp pixel-art combined with modern effects as well as a soundtrack made by chiptune extraordinaire RushJet1
- Quick reflexes are needed to navigate through the many challenging rooms and with easy-to-change settings anyone can enjoy Alwa’s Legacy
In our review for the previous game, we said "here’s plenty of quality to be found despite some flaws and it’s evident that a lot of passion went into the development", so we've got high hopes for this sequel.
If you're keen to see more footage from Alwa's Legacy, or a large number of other indie gems heading Switchwards soon, the Nintendo Life Indie Spotlight broadcast is available to rewatch at your leisure.
Did you play the original game? Are you excited to pick this up at the end of the month? Let us know below.