Ori and the Will of the Wisps is launching later today on Nintendo Switch, it has been confirmed.
The news was announced in today's Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase, where it was also revealed that we'll be getting treated to a very fancy Ori Collectors release thanks to iam8bit. It's pretty pricey at $150, but it includes physical copies of both Ori games and does look nice, we must say. You can pre-order it now if you're interested. Here's what it includes:
- Premium “Transforming” display box with glow-in-the-dark finish
- Majestic stained glass-style art piece
- “The Flora & Fauna of Ori” field guide
- Sketchbook zine featuring rarely seen production art
- Collectible art card set
- Hard enamel glow-in-the-dark pin
- Digital downloads of both titles’ soundtracks, composed by Gareth Coker
- Physical editions of Ori and the Will of the Wisps and Ori and the Blind Forest, featuring exclusive, reversible cover art
Developed by Moon Studios and published by Xbox Game Studios, Ori and the Will of the Wisps is a Metroidvania-style platformer previously exclusive to Microsoft systems. The game received universal acclaim on other systems, and will no doubt be a wonderful fit on Switch.
The little spirit Ori is no stranger to peril, but when a fateful flight puts the owlet Ku in harm’s way, it will take more than bravery to bring a family back together, heal a broken land, and discover Ori’s true destiny. From the creators of the acclaimed action-platformer Ori and the Blind Forest comes the highly anticipated sequel. Embark on an all-new adventure in a vast world filled with new friends and foes that come to life in stunning, hand-painted artwork. Set to a fully orchestrated original score, Ori and the Will of the Wisps continues the Moon Studios tradition of tightly crafted platforming action and deeply emotional storytelling.
Ori and the Will of the Wisps will be available digitally for $29.99 / €29.99 when it launches later today.
Let us know if you're excited to check this one out on Switch with a comment below.