Arbitrary Metric's award-winning horror game Paratopic is launching on Nintendo Switch later this month, it's been confirmed.
The game originally launched on PC back in March 2018, but will be available to download from the Switch eShop on the 21st August. It's a short experience, with playthroughs usually lasting from around 45 minutes to an hour, and was released as an experimental, cinematic game with PlayStation-style graphics. You can get just a taste of the action in the old trailer above.
Here's a feature list to tell you a little more:
- A narrative, horror tinged adventure game that takes you on a journey through a cruel fever dream world.
- Cutting between numerous detailed and varied vignettes, unravel how the stories of three separate characters intersect.
- Explore the detritus of forbidden industry, kill, drive through the night, find yourself in conversation with some very off-kilter individuals.
- A leisurely playthrough should take forty five minutes give or take, with plenty more to discover in the detailed, grimey low polygon environments. Or speedrun it, if you'd prefer.
- Over an hour of gorgeous dark ambient music is used to create our subtly dynamic soundscape. An anachronistic blend of modern and outdated production as glitches and textural pads meet synthesis & sampling akin to a haunted recollection of 90s Unreal Engine soundtracks.
Paratopic will be available for $5.49 / 5.49€ when it launches in a couple of weeks' time; on Steam, the game has generated 'very positive' user reviews.
Are you a fan of quirky experience like this one? Let us know if this looks like your cup of tea with a comment below.