Update: Here's exactly what this year's Winter Wonderland event offers:
NEW GAME MODE: SNOWBALL DEATHMATCH
- This year’s Winter Wonderland event ushers in a new mini-game mode, called “Snowball Deathmatch.”
- This is an 8-player free-for-all deathmatch where everyone will play as Mei with a modified Mei snowball gun, similar to the one from Mei’s Snowball Offensive.
- Mei will get a new ability in this game mode, called “Catch” – allowing you to catch an enemy snowball and, if successful, adding it to your ammo count.
- The first player to get to 15 eliminations wins!
- Weekly Challenges are back for Winter Wonderland, allowing you to unlock limited-time rewards by winning nine games.
- Rewards include an array of player icons, sprays, and Epic skins!
- Week 1: Ugly Sweater Soldier:76 (Epic)
- Week 2: Holly Moira (Epic)
- Week 3: Snow Angel Mercy (Epic)
- 4 Legendary Skins
- Jotunn Doomfist
- Mountain Man McCree
- Rat King Reaper
- Rime Sigma
- 3 Epic Skins
- Player Icons, Sprays
Original Story: Overwatch 2 might already be in development, but that doesn't mean Blizzard has forgotten about the original game just yet. As the Overwatch: Legendary Edition only just arrived on the Switch in October, this will be the first time Nintendo players have the chance to participate in the annual Winter Wonderland event.
This special limited-time event begins today and comes with new skins, including a new one for Sigma:
The modes Mei’s Snowball Offensive and Yeti Hunt are also expected to make a return. This event will run until 2nd January 2020. So you'll have until then to unlock the special winter cosmetics.
Will you be participating in this event? Leave a comment below.