MLB Advance Media has confirmed that R.B.I. Baseball 19 will soon be having another swing for that glorious home run on Switch, launching on the console early next month.
The latest in a franchise which has arrived on Switch in both 2018 and 2017, the 2019 edition is said to continue to deliver "fast arcade baseball fun". We wouldn't say we've experienced all that much fun in previous releases - we described last year's effort as a "disappointing baseball 'simulation'" in our review - so we're hoping for better things this time around.
A lengthy feature list for the game has been provided. Check it out below:
- Your Franchise with Total Flexibility: Develop and manage your MLB squad across multiple seasons by adding at the trade deadline, signing free agents, calling up prospects and even taking advantage of newly added two-way players.
- Fashion Sense: Every official 2019 uniform for all 30 teams and more gear & equipment options than ever before.
- Authentic MLB Players: Updated player models including over 350 redesigned likenesses, hundreds of new animations, more realistic player movements and reactions to deliver a whole new level of authenticity.
- Revamped Physics: Reengineered ball physics bring realism to every pitch, hit, and play.
- Legends & Legend Teams: Play as 165+ all-time greats. All-new Legends Teams available for play on Exhibition Mode and Friendly Online matches.
- Stunning Environments: Amplified lighting, textures, cinematic sequences and 3-D crowd system in all 30 ballparks.
- Home Run Derby, Your Way: Pick any MLB player or MLB Legend, compete in any MLB ballpark and customize a bracket for the ultimate Derby showdown.
- Online Multiplayer: Play ranked and friendly exhibition games with friends and the rest of the world.
- Bigger and Better Soundtrack: A new soundtrack with music from popular artists including OneRepublic, CHVRCHES, Greta Van Fleet, and many more!
- Weekly Stats & Roster Updates: Stay up-to-date with weekly roster updates throughout the regular season
The game will launch on 5th March for $29.99 and digital pre-orders have already gone live on the Nintendo Switch eShop.
Have you played the previous entries? Did you enjoy them enough to upgrade to the newest release? Share your thoughts with us below.