inXile Entertainment has announced that Wasteland 2: Director's Cut is "expected to arrive on the Nintendo Switch this August" - and we've got a brand new trailer to celebrate.
The game comes from the producer of the original Fallout and is an enhanced version of Wasteland 2 - which launched back in 2014. This Director's Cut has been available on PS4 and Xbox One since 2015 and features numerous improvements and additions to that initial release. This post-nuclear RPG is said to offer "over 80 hours of gameplay" and these feature lists should give you some idea of what you can expect during that time.
- One Size Does Not Fit All: Don’t feel like finding the key for a door? Feel free to pick the lock, bash it down with your boot, or just blow it open!
- Decision Making... with Consequences: With both short and long term reactivity, player choices ripple outwards, changing the game's events and forever altering the lives of those in the wasteland.
- Huge & Customisable: Hundreds of characters. Thousands of variations on the Rangers' appearances. Over 150 weapons. No two players will have the same experience.
New Director's Cut Features:
- Perks & Quirks: Players can customize their squads even more! Perks & Quirks are special personality traits players can use to give their characters even more life, with their own unique bonuses... and drawbacks.
- Precision Strikes: Fire on enemies and debilitate them with tactical attacks! Cripple a leg to slow an enemy down, fire on their gun to blast it to bits, or aim for the head to knock them senseless – or blow it clean off.
- Expanded Voice Over: Over 8,000 lines of new voice-over dialog have been added for the game's characters and companions, bringing the wasteland to life like never before.
As mentioned above, the game is "expected" to arrive in August, but the new trailer above simply mentions "fall". We'll make sure to keep an eye out for any more announcements over the coming weeks.
Until then, though, let us know if you're looking forward to playing Wasteland 2 on the go with a comment below.