Following the news of Astro Gaming’s Zelda-themed headset yesterday, a new GameStop exclusive listing has now revealed an officially licensed Crash Bandicoot wired controller by PowerA for the Nintendo Switch. The release of the controller will coincide with the launch of the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy on 29th June and retail for US$24.99. There are also listings for the controller elsewhere outside of the US.
Surprisingly this isn’t the only item being released to celebrate the launch of the Crash trilogy on the Switch, with accessory maker Exquisite Gaming releasing its "XL Crash Bandicoot Cable Guy" on 15th June.
Here’s the technical rundown for the controller from the GameStop website:
The design features an ergonomic black controller with a thumbs-up Crash drawing in Teal accented with Grey icons from the Crash universe and metallic teal D-pad. Comes with a detachable 10ft USB cable with a Velcro-strap for easy storage and reduced clutter when you are not playing.
- Officially licensed for Nintendo Switch
- Unique Crash Bandicoot Design elements
- Comfortable shape, and solid lightweight construction*
- Switch System buttons (+, -, Home, Capture)
- Left/Right shoulder buttons and triggers (L/R/ZR/ZL)
- 2 analog sticks: precision tuned to eliminate dead zones
- 8-way plus-shaped Directional Control Pad (D-Pad)
- Nintendo ABXY button layout (larger than Joy-Con)
- Detachable 10ft (3m) micro-USB to standard USB-C cable
- 2-year limited warranty - Register at PowerA.com
Let us know in the comments if you like the look of this controller and if you'll be picking up the trilogy on release.
Please note that some external links on this page are affiliate links, which means if you click them and make a purchase we may receive a small percentage of the sale. Please read our FTC Disclosure for more information.