After the record breaking launch of Pokémon Sun and Moon, it seems that hype for the series has slowly died down somewhat as everyone holds their breath waiting for the next big Pokémon announcement. When Game Freak inevitably follows up on Sun and Moon—the name Pokémon Stars has been thrown around a lot—will it be another 3DS game or will it be developed for the Switch? Answers are still hard to come by, but it seems that Game Freak is still intent on supporting Sun and Moon for the foreseeable future, as a new update was just put out.
Version 1.2 is required to partake in any online battles, and it fixes a number of bugs and glitches that were present in the game until now. Here are the patch notes:
- Pokémon being unable to attack and switch when Sky Drop is used and when knocked out by damage done by Spiky Shield.
- A glitch in Poké Pelago when entering a new month.
- A rare case where the game ends after using an Evolution item as the last item in your Bag.
- Scatterbug sometimes not learning Egg Moves.
- Eggs sometimes being able to be given items.
- A glitch ending the tournament when pre-registered for an online Friendly Competition (e.g. entry gets canceled or the Battle Teams get unlocked).
Bear in mind that downloading this update will render obsolete any Battle Videos taken beforehand; you won’t be able to play or share them anymore.
What do you think? Are you still playing Pokémon Sun and Moon? What do you think the successor will be like? Drop us a comment in the section below.