It's the middle of the week, which means that the Media Create Japanese chart results are here to show us what's hot and what's not in Nintendo's home country.
Unsurprisingly Pokémon Sun and Moon remain in top spot, holding off a number of new releases across various platforms. It's close to 2 million units in total in Media Create's numbers (which don't include download cards or eShop purchases), though it's still tracking below the equivalent early sales of Pokémon X & Y. Nevertheless they're hugely impressive numbers, and as we already know early indications are that the new titles have also been a huge hit elsewhere.
The updated 'Welcome amiibo' version of Animal Crossing: New Leaf arrives in fifth place, meanwhile, with the intriguing RPG Maker Fes landing in 11th spot. The top 20 is below, with lifetime sales in brackets.
- [3DS] Pokemon Sun / Pokemon Moon (Nintendo, 11/18/16) – 375,665 (1,966,294)
- [PSV] SD Gundam G Generation Genesis (Bandai Namco, 11/24/16) – 88,324 (New)
- [PS4] SD Gundam G Generation Genesis (Bandai Namco, 11/24/16) – 87,568 (New)
- [PS4] Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru (Koei Tecmo, 11/24/16) – 26,682 (New)
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo (Nintendo, 11/24/16) – 16,916 (New)
- [PSV] Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru (Koei Tecmo, 11/24/16) – 13,049 (New)
- [PS3] Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru (Koei Tecmo, 11/24/16) – 11,040 (New)
- [3DS] Aikatsu Stars! My Special Appeal (Bandai Namco, 11/24/16) – 10,087 (New)
- [PSV] Code:Realize – Shukufuku no Mirai (Idea Factory, 11/24/16) – 8,250 (New)
- [PS4] Monster Hunter Frontier Z Beginner's Package (Capcom, 11/24/16) – 7,341 (New)
- [3DS] RPG Maker Fes (Kadokawa Games, 11/24/16) – 7,135 (New)
- [PS4] Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (Activision, 11/04/16) – 6,506 (149,460)
- [3DS] Mario Party: Star Rush (Nintendo, 10/20/16) – 6,328 (70,225)
- [3DS] Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Double Pack (Nintendo, 11/18/16) – 6,113 (157,492)
- [PS4] Battlefield 1 (EA, 10/21/16) – 5,641 (209,504)
- [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (SIE, 03/19/15) – 5,628 (925,955)
- [Wii U] Minecraft: Wii U Edition (Mojang, 06/23/16) – 5,394 (182,219)
- [PS4] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition (Bethesda Softworks, 11/10/16) – 5,223 (40,140)
- [PSV] Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star (Marvelous, 11/10/16) – 3,929 (86,224)
- [3DS] Beyblade Burst (FuRyu, 11/10/16) – 3,485 (25,972)
Moving on to hardware, the New Nintendo 3DS LL (XL) is still selling above its typical levels, though has naturally fallen off from the Sun and Moon launch week bump. 2DS sales remain solid, while the smaller New 3DS and Wii U are still only moving four figures each week.
- New 3DS LL – 45,622 (81,044)
- PlayStation 4 – 33,859 (25,605)
- 2DS – 18,158 (17,769)
- PlayStation Vita – 12,240 (9,191)
- PlayStation 4 Pro – 8,243 (12,421)
- New 3DS – 6,955 (8,193)
- Wii U – 3,493 (3,251)
- PlayStation 3 – 623 (625)
- 3DS – 482 (529)
- Xbox One – 95 (186)
- 3DS LL – (96)
Another good week for The Pokémon Company and, by extension, Nintendo. It'll be interesting to see how well this Pokémon momentum holds up as we head towards the end of the year.
I wonder if this is why standard sized new 3DS has not that many faceplates? It seems everyone is going for the XL model (Which I personally dislike)
Just got one and I want to get one of those cool faceplates, but most are Japan only :/
I don't know if they even sell other faceplates in America. (and if they do, I'm sure I could count all the options in one hand...)
Not bad for a fad from the late 90's/Early 00's I guess
Combining the dual pack as two sales(as its both versions in one package for priced roughly the same as if you bought them seperate.) puts you almost at 2.3 million.
There aren't a ton, but more than one hands worth.
@Pikachupwnage Which is great, but I think still under XY, I'm still waiting on NA numbers, it's been eerily quiet on that part, the only thing I've heard on that part was that it was a top seller during black friday, so that bodes well. According to VGchartz, which we should take with a grain of salt, NA had about 800k in pre-orders, so it might do quite well if this is true.
@Dakt Took, what? 18 months?
@RoomB31 US Numbers are monthly sadly. Wait a few weeks. I don't get it either but big place after all.
@BLP_Software Oh I know NPD is once a month, but usually when something sells exceptionally well (and I think Sun&Moon did) that someone touts it, even if its not exact numbers... but I'm patient, also the end of the month is already here, so hopefully we'll get actual numbers soon,
Just looked it up, its the second Thursday of every month so I guess that means the 8th possibly.
Though I might have gotten spoiled a bit and might import the Hanafuda one which is awesome
But too expensive... Maybe I'll settle for the Yoshi one.
@Gridatttack where did you find that? now I want one
@RoomB31 I expect a high number, it exploded over there.
@RoomB31 ebay, but since it's Japan only item, too expensive...
I just simply want a matching faceplate for my white 3ds.
And AmiAmi? They have faceplates and other Nintendo stuff, I got my Mega Yarn Yoshi from them since t wasn't available from retailers here in Latin America
How about play-asia ? If you live near Asia region, the delivery will be somewhat fast.
Thanks for the suggestions, but just checked, AmiAmi has everything out of stock, and play-asia has just the common ones.
@RoomB31 Confirmed as fastest selling Nintendo title ever in USA and Europe.
Tap here to load 15 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...