Minecraft: Wii U Edition proved to be a download success when it arrived on the eShop late last year, albeit Nintendo gamers have had to wait for some key updates, while the Nintendo-exclusive content announced with the launch is still a mystery. Nevertheless, developer 4J Studios is still improving the Wii U version, and has released a new patch to step it up another gear.
It's a notable update as it adds Achievements, Wii Classic Controller Support, a Story Mode skin pack and more besides. The full changelog is below.
- Added Story Mode skin pack.
- Added achievements.
- Added support for Wii Classic Controllers.
- Added new "Minecart Sounds" option to Audio Settings.
- Added Huge Mushroom Blocks to the Creative and Superflat menus.
- Improved sprint control.
- Fix for issue where the Ender Dragon would be immune to attacks.
- Fix for Slimes not spawning in certain Swamps and Slime Chunks.
- Fix for Potion of Swiftness, Potion of Slowness and Speed bonus of Beacon having no effect on the player.
- Fix for teleporting a player while they are sleeping in a Bed not working properly.
- Fix for some chunks in the Overworld not generating for clients of a multiplayer game.
- Fix for issue where Experience Orbs could not be obtained by some trades with Villagers.
- Fix for Thorns enchantment not affecting players.
- Fix for MCCE #747 - TNT cannon not working.
- Fix for MCCE #659 - Doors have a weird texture on top when open (And other sides).
- Fix for MCCE #1854 - Grass positioning is perfect.
- Fix for MCCE #1826 - White tulip description incorrect.
- Fix for MCCE #1756 - Witch Hut Bounding Box Too Small.
- Fix for MCCE #1260 - Submerged Witch Huts.
- Fix for MCCE #483 - Camera jitter and player unable to move when looking at chest you are standing on.
- Fix for MCCE #863 - The map does not work as it should (unless "View Hand" is turned on).
- Fix for MCCE #1757 - Slimes spawning in witch huts.
- Fix for MCCE #1739 - No icon in item frame map.
- Fix for MCCE #1803 - Item frames vanishing in very strange draw distance.
It appears to be a decent update, all told. If you're in the Wii U Minecraft crew check it out and let us know what you think.
With thanks to Ryan Millar for the heads up.