Forums

Topic: Earthbound Beginnings - OT

Posts 101 to 104 of 104

nacho_chicken

icedude545 wrote:

(Spoilets for mother 3)

@NintendoFan64: its all good junk and all if you just think about the story. But the video game part man.. I was wanting the whole package a epic tough battle probably with awesome evil rock guitar music and backgrounds but all mother 3 like. So all that expierence, fighting, psi moves and items could be put to 1 more time to the toughest epicist battle that will probably take me a couple tries xD just my gamer part dosent like the end

MOTHER 1 final boss fight:

Space alien bent on destroying the world. It shrugs off any attacks. The only thing that can take it down are its own emotions brought upon it by a lullaby from its human "mother".

MOTHER 2 final boss fight:

Embodiment of evil itself. Attacks aren't even a thing on whatever dimension he's located in. The only hope of stopping it is for everyone on Earth to pray from the bottom of their heart... including the player.

MOTHER 3's final boss fight:

Your own brother, presumed dead, brainwashed. Your father has ignored you for years searching for him. Every thought of him brings back painful memories of your mother's death. You break down at the thought of raising your weapon at him. The only way to fight is to hope that reminding him of family can unbrainwash him.

What you expected MOTHER 3's final boss fight to be like (FFVII not-really-spoilers):

There was no place for MOTHER 3 to end any other way. Since the very first game, the series has eschewed the genre staple of "final bosses" being difficult, drawn out affairs against multi-phase enemies. Instead, it did something revolutionary: tied the game's central theme to gameplay. By making "hit bad thing with sticks" not trip the win state, it forced you to instead follow your heart. In gameplay terms, it forced you to explore the battle system and use options you may have thought pointless, or otherwise use typical options in an unorthodox method.

Who would the final boss be, anyway? Giygas? He's dead. Porky? He got what he wanted, in the worst possible way. The Masked Man? If, in the brief moment that you can actually get an attack off on him, you do, the game practically scolds you. The response could bring a grown man to tears.

What you want is not what Lucas wants. It's not what Hinawa wants. It's not what MOTHER needs.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

ItsFuzzyPickles

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Those comments don't seem much different then the average hater for any given game. Plus, if it was universally hated, why was Lucas in Brawl, and now brought back? If the game had THAT much of a negative reaction, and if he was an unknown in the West... then why is he here? Poor sales aside, his game must've caused SOME positive reactions.

Except that Lucas was added alongside every other character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl before Mother 3 even got released (the characters were decided before development began, Mother 3 got released on April 20, 2006). It's not really evidence to suggest Mother 3 was well received since Lucas was included before Mother 3's reception came in.

Not that it matters too much anyway given that Lucas is a beloved character anyway. From what I recall, he was highly requested for Brawl in Japan and he was really highly wanted for DLC for SSB 3DS & Wii U worldwide (he was the most wanted in Japan based off anecdotal polls).

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

nuts

@Nacho_Chicken thanks for giving me a idea what to eat tonight.
Ok Ok forget what I said Because I did but I said the story is all good junk but I wanted a final boss fight bigger than earthbound because we got big ol evil pokey whos been treating the island like a toyset, the giant dragon that could bring who knows what and masked man I didnt really care for him because my brother spoiled it for me so to me hes just the guy who dies. That and where at the bottom of a dark pit and theres rock music. So out of all that I wanted a Tough darker final boss battle where you put all your skills, psi and such to use.

There was just no final boss just a script

nuts

Nintendo Network ID: nuts

Moroboshi876

Sorry to resurrect a thread more than 2 years old (or maybe not sorry if it helps me or anybody), but I have one simple question:

People are putting Earthbound Beginnings into the NES Classic Edition (aka NES Mini), but they don't specify if they're transferring the fanmade translation or the Wii U Virtual Console's fully and officially translated version properly dumped.

Does anybody know if this official version's ROM is anywhere to be downloaded and played in the NES Mini? If not, I'm willing to take the next chance of downloading it into the Wii U, that is if the game ever gets discounted again. I missed last opportunity. But I'd prefer to play it on an official NES-shaped console, even if it's small and a replica.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.