Forums

Topic: is there an offical list of wii games that suport 480p?

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

Storm_Owl

if so can someone post the link here please

This account is dead move along please.

Raylax

Don't they all support 480p?

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Sean_Aaron

There are a number of games that are only interlaced. Star Trek: Conquest is 480i, Gottlieb Pinball Classics in the UK is 576i, Little King's Story is 480i; I believe Muramasa the Demon Blade is as well. It's not unusal in Japan because of the television refresh rates apparently (at least that's what Rising Star said in one of the NL Podcasts). You will also find WiiWare titles in a mix of display resolutions.

But to answer the original question, no there's not. You'll even find games falsely indicating EDTV support on the back (I know I own a game that says it's 480p, but it's actually not, I think it's Tenchu: Shadow Assassins).

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Jon2

I for one has wanted a list of that sort for a long time. But there isn't and as Sean points out the Wii games is a mix of resolutions to my (and apparently some others) frustration. I do know that the Nintendo titles i own (Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid, Punch Out and New Super Mario Bros.) all are 480P. And why we in Europe doesn't get 480P resolution on our VC games is beyond me.

Jon2

Mange

Crash of the Titans (PAL) doesn´t support 480i, defaults to 576i. Have not tried 480p yet. As I think about it I get a bit curious as it plays rather poorly in 576i. Not many Wii (Disc and WiiWare) games play good at that rate. VC games looks and feel like the old days through my CRT. Unfortunatly my flatscreen sucks at 576i but is ok:ish on any 480 res. Anybody tried MK on 576i? Totally unplayable. How is it that PAL Wii defaults to 576i when it does it so bad??? Actually... fiddelin´ with different resolutions and cables and monitors reminds me of my Atari STe RIP. Nintendo really need to adress this resolution/cable/interlace/progressive mess.

A handful of games actually plays better in 576i than in 480i. Examples: Jungle Speed and Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga.

Edited on by Mange

Mange

Mange

Care posting a line when you have tried MKW in 576i?

Mange

romulux

Sean+Aaron wrote:

Little King's Story is 480i; I believe Muramasa the Demon Blade is as well.

what leads you to believe muramasa is 480i? i tried it out with the wii set to both 480i and 480p through component cables and saw a huge difference between the two settings. if it's not 480p then i'm surprised

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Sean_Aaron

romulux wrote:

Sean+Aaron wrote:

Little King's Story is 480i; I believe Muramasa the Demon Blade is as well.

what leads you to believe muramasa is 480i? i tried it out with the wii set to both 480i and 480p through component cables and saw a huge difference between the two settings. if it's not 480p then i'm surprised

The fact that Rising Star said it was in their Podcast interview -- I'm referring to the PAL version, not the North American release. Though having just checked the box and seeing EDTV (480p) compatible, it looks like I''m wrong. Maybe they were talking about Fragile and I'm just mis-remembering!

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.