Forums

Topic: Wii U DX $300 after gift card at Target today

Posts 21 to 31 of 31

kkslider5552000

Local stores > Nintendo in the past couple of months or so in terms of trying to make Wii U succeed (at least in terms of RIGHT NOW, at this very moment)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ryno

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Local stores > Nintendo in the past couple of months or so in terms of trying to make Wii U succeed (at least in terms of RIGHT NOW, at this very moment)

Wait, you didn't see that fantastic "Spend $100 on your Wii U account, Get $10 eShop Credit" as a successful promo (even though they are giving a much better deal on the more successful 3DS with the 2 games get $30.00 credit promotion)?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

kkslider5552000

Ryno wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Wait, you didn't see that fantastic "Spend $100 on your Wii U account, Get $10 eShop Credit" as a successful promo

it is for current owners, but will do nothing for anyone who doesn't, and I doubt anyone other than hardcore gamers and Wii U owners even know that exists

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ryno

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Wait, you didn't see that fantastic "Spend $100 on your Wii U account, Get $10 eShop Credit" as a successful promo

it is for current owners, but will do nothing for anyone who doesn't, and I doubt anyone other than hardcore gamers and Wii U owners even know that exists

Yup, and that was my point. I was being facetious really to show the Nintendo, in NA at least, has not done much to promote and entice their console to potentially new customers. And that promotion was for only a week which isn't enough time for someone who maybe would like to take part but has to wait for their next paycheck.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

fenixt

If you find a good deal on that Metroid Trilogy, let me know about it.

fenixt

NeoZuko

Well I found the solution is the Wii U or Wii Component cables, the official ones from Nintendo. Unless you have low lag gear that can get the audio away from the HDMI. Should he able to get 1080P with those and it will solve my audio issues. I wrote a long post around here somewhere.

Basically there is unanswered questions on up scaling Wii and Wii U games, and what Wii compatible mode offers vs Wii and HDMI vs analog 1080p....

Despite some claims, even Nintendo seems off in there descriptions. For example they still list the Wii U / Wii component cable as being 480p when its clear the Wii U does more over that cable. Good old fashioned testing is needed. Some claim up sampling is happening, Nintendo claims its original Rez, but do they mean just over HDMI cus analog uses a different scaler chip I would believe. Again testing is needed.

NeoZuko

NeoZuko

I had to spend $125 for Metroid Prime Trilogy... The good deals are all gone.

NeoZuko

NeoZuko

In response to the new comments, The thing I was trying to illustrate was that while the Wii U is never going to replace my PS4 or hell even my PS3, it has enough games NOW and coming to be viable in my collection. Sure thats only 15 Wii U games and the rest are old games, but old Nintendo games are where it's at. And now I have them all on one console. The thought did cross my mind that it would be cheaper to just rock the old Wii, cus let's face it I need some Super Mario Galaxy, 3D Zelda, and Metroid Prime, ETC, the new Wii U games at E3 was the tipping point for me (plus the new Mario Kart 8 seems loads better than Mario Kart Wii). Just enough new Wii U games coming to warrant a purchase over the old Wii. And this is the only Nintendo console to feature DLC like New Super Luigi U, DLC like that is great. I expect at least 5 more good Wii U games coming over its life and I'm already at 20 good Wii U games. All are exclusive kinds of games I will not see on my PS4. Good enough for me.

Edit: I guess "X" or whatever has me excited too. As did Dragon Quest X, but I think that is not coming out anymore... At least as it is and or for Wii U in the states. And the Wii U gamepad browses the web decently, a surprise. Not slow like my PS3, bigger screen than my phone for reading a bit before bed. Not as sharp of course.

Edited on by NeoZuko

NeoZuko

rjejr

I bought a Wii U Saturday at Target at 4PM - the pressure of the $50 GC deadline was getting to me. So everybody waiting for a good deal I'm sure will be getting one soon. And probably a Pikmin 3 or Mario bundle as well. Black Friday sales are going to make me nauseous as the plan was to wait until Christmas. Can't believe I caved.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

PloXyZeRO

I always get my games/gaming-related hardware at Gamedude. It's a local game store in North Hollywood, California and there's only one of them. It's a GIANT warehouse for video games, and they rarely run out of games. If you live near the area (maybe Studio City, Valley Village, whatever), I would HIGHLY recommend getting games from there. Their used game prices are probably the cheapest you'll find (besides online), so that would also be a great place to build up your Wii collection. I also got my ZombiU deluxe bundle from there for $370 instead of the usual price (what is it...$390? $400?). It's also a great place to get extra Wii remotes with wii motion plus built in. They almost always have "used" copies of Fling Smash in stock, which come with a Wii remote plus. I've bought six of those for like $20 each, and all of the games/remotes looked like they were in perfect condition. I kept four for myself, and gave two to my friends. ANYWAY..if you live in Los Angeles I would recommend getting your games from there. You'll find great deals (especially for older games) and you'll most likely be able to get any game you want from there.

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

Cyberbotv2

rjejr wrote:

I bought a Wii U Saturday at Target at 4PM - the pressure of the $50 GC deadline was getting to me. So everybody waiting for a good deal I'm sure will be getting one soon. And probably a Pikmin 3 or Mario bundle as well. Black Friday sales are going to make me nauseous as the plan was to wait until Christmas. Can't believe I caved.

I also gave in this weekend. That 50 buck gift card was a big deal. I used it on an invisishield for the Gamepad, and an eshop card. After opening the box, they give you so much. I love the charging cradle for the system. The Wii U itself is beautiful in terms of design, with multiple vents which is very nice. The black sensor bar stuck perfectly on top of my tv. I would have preferred black instead of grey cables but it's a minor complaint. I was only able to put the shield on the Gamepad tonight and it says wait 12 to 24 hours to use after. My girlfriend is pumped to play and see the Gamepad in action. Once I boot up tomorrow after work, I'll be able to dig in. Nintendo is not dropping the price this year. I think folks on the fence should make the plunge.

Cyberbotv2

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.