Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 9,521 to 9,540 of 27,917

Datasun_7

I'm happy with the chorus men because I just want to see more unique and interesting fighters. Like the majority of the newcomers so far, hopefully chrom won't let me down

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Twiglingen

How are we sure it is a newcomer, I mean it it says is new fighter which could mean new to the game but not the series. On the bright side that means it may be Captain Falcon (apparently f-zero x was released that day in japan) or Mewtwo.
On the other hand really want all 3 of the gematsu leak people, Chorus men would be interesting and Awakening is where I joined the Fire Emblem fan club so to speak. Shulk from what I've read would also be a great newcomer.

On a separate note but related note, could they go with 4 FE reps? I mean technically an in-game avatar as a game mechanic has been in a few FE games other than Awakening.

Working on the profile pic. Trying to find a good one for me.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9841-0384

MrWalkieTalkie

@Twiglingen It's definitely a newcomer because they mention how all the other newcomers have been introduced through Directs
"Instead of doing the unveiling on something like a Nintendo Direct"

Also, why would they bother going all out on a new trailer for a veteran?
"we're nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos that we've made... Like always, we put a lot of effort into it"

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

19Robb92

Twiglingen wrote:

How are we sure it is a newcomer.

Sakurai said he wanted to reveal "a new challenger".

That, and the fact that it going to get it's own announcement video. Only newcomers get announcements videos.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Twiglingen

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

@Twiglingen It's definitely a newcomer because they mention how all the other newcomers have been introduced through Directs
"Instead of doing the unveiling on something like a Nintendo Direct"

Also, why would they bother going all out on a new trailer for a veteran?
"we're nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos that we've made... Like always, we put a lot of effort into it"

Good point, although considering how popular C. Falcon is they may give him his own trailer if they end up revealing him before the game launches, but it probably is more likely a newcomer or I'm kind of hoping for a bit of both.

Working on the profile pic. Trying to find a good one for me.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9841-0384

FriedSquid

Guys, don't forget that Greninja (a newcomer) was revealed in Charizard's video (a veteran). It may be possible for them to reveal a veteran along with the newcomer... Don't know who, but it's possible.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Captain_Toad

Nintendo6400 wrote:

What's this 6 letter talk about?

There was a Corocoro article earlier talking about a newcomer having six-lettered character.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Kewlan

Squid wrote:

Guys, don't forget that Greninja (a newcomer) was revealed in Charizard's video (a veteran). It may be possible for them to reveal a veteran along with the newcomer... Don't know who, but it's possible.

I actually think it was Charizard being revealed in Greninja's video.
Palutena's trailer was exactly 3 minutes, so I don't think there will be any other character than Shulk.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Megatonwhale

I'm really hoping that it's Captain Falcon making a valiant return with an accompanying announcement of a new F-Zero game for Wii U or 3DS.

Megatonwhale

Twitter:

retropunky

It just better not be another Pokemon.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

MrWalkieTalkie

Squid wrote:

Exactly. But there's definitely no way they'll make a trailer specifically only for Captain Falcon. I do have a strong feeling a veteran will show up in the newcomer trailr.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Kewlan

DestinyMan wrote:

Otherwise, the only six-letter name I can think of is Ridley.

Oh god...

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Nintendo6400

I wonder how many more newcomers are left? I still want to see new characters from DK, Zelda, FE, Fzero, and Kid icarus (I kinda wanna see Hades as a playable). Odds are there's only like 5 characters left and I won't get all the people I want. Hopefully we get Shulk and Isaac. I don't care about Marshall.

Edit: is the corocoro 6 letter thing a rumor or?

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

JunkosBoobies

DestinyMan wrote:

Captain_Toad wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

What's this 6 letter talk about?

There was a Corocoro article earlier talking about a newcomer having six-lettered character.

In that case, it wouldn't be Chrom (5 letters), Shulk (5 letters), or Marshall (8 letters), unless they named the chorus boys "Chorus" in the games, which would be six letters. Otherwise, the only six-letter name I can think of is Ridley.

Another word that comes to mind is Mewtwo. But he's a veteran, not a newcomer.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

MonocledMetroid

I think everyone throwing out names needs to remember that CoroCoro is a Japanese magazine

MonocledMetroid

Einherjar

In regards to the upcomming reveal, i give the Gematsu guess a vote and say that well see Chrom and / or Shulk.
Though missing out von Captain Falcon would be a heavy loss for the game if you ask me. Nothing to bring down the game but sad nonetheless.

Anyways, id definitly love to see shulk myself. Not only does he have quite some moveset potential, but just thinking of a stage on top of Bionis fighting against Mechonis, jumping from limb to limb on them...well, i can only hope
As for Chrom, im still not sure why they went with Marth. Sure, mart is more or less THE most iconic FE character, still, Chrom would have had more marketing value, since more people tend to know him nowadays.

OR it could be Bayonetta, which would also be quite fitting.

On a completely different and stupid side note: How about giving the Wii Fit trainer a buff, the fitter you are in Wii Fit U ? Thats cross promotion if i ever saw it

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

DefHalan

PKpunky wrote:

It just better not be another Pokemon.

I want a grass pokemon

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Blast

This is what's happening in Sakurai's office right now...
Sakurai's employee: "SIR! Bad news! Somebody from Monolith has tweeted about the reveal for Monday! Now literally everyone knows that Monday is for Shulk! What do we do?!"
Sakurai leans back in his chair calmly and grins: "We're gonna troll, of course. Everybody expects Shulk, eh? Let's throw out some random character just to screw with everybody's minds. Edit the trailer so Captain Falcon isn't confirmed, too. Remove him from the video. That oughta drive the masses wild. Oh... and remind me to tell Monolith to stop tweeting everything that's associated with them, okay?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MsJubilee

What about if it's sceptile, we have a water and a fire pokemon. They should just add grass already anyone else agree?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Mr_Video

Einherjar wrote:

As for Chrom, im still not sure why they went with Marth. Sure, mart is more or less THE most iconic FE character, still, Chrom would have had more marketing value, since more people tend to know him nowadays.

Well, he's actually pretty popular in Japan apparently and he's already had more exposure thanks to being in Melee and Brawl. Plus I think the FE fan-base would be pretty annoyed if they booted the oldest Fire Emblem lord and the one whose appeared in the most games in the series for Chrom.

I'm just gonna be original with my guess for the newcomer and say Masked Man from Mother 3. I mean, Mother's anniversary was pretty recent...And we still don't have any Mother reps confirmed yet, unless you count Ness, who basically has a reserved spot in every Smash. I think he could have pretty unique move-set.
...But realistically it's going to be Shulk, of course.

Mr_Video

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic