Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 25,981 to 26,000 of 27,917

Eel

@hendesu: please, please do not put incredibly huge pictures like that in your posts, link to them instead.

It almost makes my phone lock up.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TeeJay

It would be awkward to have Riku in Smash instead of Sora. That's like if they decided to add Ken instead of Ryu, or Knuckles instead of Sonic.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Tsuchinoko

I would say wait for Disney to start putting KH stuff in their own games, like Disney Infinity, first.

Wow, that was a large update for just a glitch.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

NintendoFan64

Somebody came up with a dlc likelihood tier:
Untitled
...Really? Shovel Knight has a higher chance than K Rool and Wolf? REALLY?

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Joeynator3000

It's wrong, there's no Freddy.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Blast

TeeJay wrote:

It would be awkward to have Riku in Smash instead of Sora. That's like if they decided to add Ken instead of Ryu, or Knuckles instead of Sonic.

It wouldn't be awkward... Sora is the face of Kingdom Hearts... which is a series Square Enix likes to pretend is only on Playstation. Riku being in Smash is a way to acknowledge that there ARE KH games on Nintendo handhelds.

Either way... I want a Square Enix rep and a Atlus rep on the roster. Bayonetta or Wonder Red should be on there, too.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Joeynator3000

If KH would get in, it would be Sora, not Riku...anyways don't count on it...SE has been...weird with Nintendo lately.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

IceClimbers

That tier list is way off. Wolf should be #1 on the list. Literally everyone is expecting him.

That list is based off of rumors and fake leaks as evidenced by how high Professor Layton and Shovel Knight are. Layton higher than Rayman!? Really? Rayman is already in the game meaning licensing isn't an issue, making him more likely than any other 3rd party character. The only reason Shovel Knight is at the top is because of that rumor that Liam Robertson reported on and because people for some reason think amiibo = automatically getting into smash.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

SupremeAllah

DarthNocturnal wrote:

I would think that fake info only gets removed quickly if someone has set up watch on the page in question.

And I find it odd how they would go right for a character that would be an assist trophy at best...

Personally, I think it'd be best to avoid another "Snake" (character whose start wasn't on Nintendo, barely had any games in their franchise on Nintendo systems, and the most anticipated title in their franchise at the time of the character's reveal/ release in Smash is NOT coming to a Nintendo platform). I won't cry to the heavens in rage if Sora gets in (he'd probably be fun, all things considered), but... eh, let the new Dissidia have him.

Four games on Nintendo systems is "barely any" games?

SupremeAllah

veeflames

@IceClimbers: Whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves:

• Are there really that many people expecting Wolf? I know I'm not. And I think many people want a newcomer, too.
  • You said Shovel Knight's popularity is because of Liam Robertson (and maybe Smashified or something). If that's true (I'm actually not saying it isn't true), then the logic easily applies to Rayman's case. You and I both know that Ray man wouldn't be as popular as he is WITHOUT that well-done Smashified video. In fact, the logic can also be applied to Ryu; back in the summertime, Ryu wouldn't even be in the minds of players IF NOT for that leak (can't remember the exact details). It was only after the leak that everyone started going crazy over Ryu.
  • You're underestimating how many people want Layton in Smash. Believe me, I was, too — until I saw a fair share of Miiverse drawings requesting for Layton and that Layton-for-Smash Twitter page. Then again, I still think the number of people who want Layton in is very small compared to the number of people who want other characters, and, thus, Layton being very high in the charts is a bit of bias.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Tsuchinoko

Megumi wrote:

If KH would get in, it would be Sora, not Riku...anyways don't count on it...SE has been...weird with Nintendo lately.

Disney owns the characters, not SE, so it would be up to them first, then Nintendo would have to deal with SE.

SupremeAllah

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@SupremeAllah

First off, the two NES titles don't really count. Kojima had nothing to do with them. It'd be like counting Link: Faces of Evil and Zelda: Wand of Gamelon as Zelda titles.

Ghost Babel... did well with critics, but it hasn't really been seen since it's original release. Plus it was a non-canon side story.

And then we have the remake and the port. That brings us to a whopping three games on Nintendo platforms. Compare that to Sony systems getting 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and several side games (Acid 1 and 2, Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes, etc). Heck, XBOX has more Metal Gear then Nintendo.

So due to your arbitrary criteria, Snake shouldnt be in the game. Because he hasn't been in enough Nintendo games that "counted"

Kojima having nothing to do with the two Nintendo games is supposed to be some kind of argument? It was still Snake. Bringing up the CD-i Zelda games is a hollow point considering Capcom made two very fine Zelda games.

I mean ita fine if you don't want Snake, but dont try to make some arbitrary argument to go with it. By that logic, Sonic shouldn't have been in Brawl or the current game because he had more titles on Sega systems.

SupremeAllah

SupremeAllah

@DarthNocturnal: Personally, I'd love to see Bub and Bob from Bubble Bobble/Bust-a-Move as they were on NES and SNES (and Wii VC later on) as they would better fit the smash style.

But they threw Ryu at us for some reason, which I didnt think was a good fit. And for some ungodly reason a lot of people are desperate for Goku, which in my view is awful.

SupremeAllah

Tsuchinoko

@SupremeAllah: I feel like Ryu was a Sakurai choice. If this really is his last game he's more than allowed to have a personal pick for the cast. I don't know much about his own gaming interests but maybe he's a huge Street Fighter fan. And they kept the content to a minimum. A single character, an extra trophy, a stage, and the music.

IceClimbers

@Tsuchinoko: Sakurai used to play Street Fighter II competitively actually. So yeah, Ryu really feels like it was Sakurai's vote on the ballot in a sense. Also, kinda wish they had included Guile's theme.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Tsuchinoko

IceClimbers wrote:

@Tsuchinoko: Sakurai used to play Street Fighter II competitively actually. So yeah, Ryu really feels like it was Sakurai's vote on the ballot in a sense. Also, kinda wish they had included Guile's theme.

Oh wow! I had no idea. It totally makes sense now.

Retro_on_theGo

^He was also very good at King of Fighters, apparently. There's an interview Sakruai did in his weekly column where talks about how he beat the crud out of a couple in KOF. He didn't realize it was just some nice girl on a date or something on the other side of the cabinet. How guilty he felt was a big part of wanting to create a fighting game with a fair level for everyone which is what lead to Smash Bros.

NintendoFan64

@IceClimbers: Same. The lack of Guile's theme in Smash makes me very, VERY upset.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Randomname19

@Hendesu: Sora playable and Riku as an assist trophy?Or maybe when Sora gets a smash ball,Riku appears and they attack together(like Robin and Chrom)?

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic