Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 23,201 to 23,220 of 27,917

UGXwolf

TwilightAngel wrote:

Megumi wrote:

That reminds me, where's his tail there? Can't remember if he had a tail or not. lol

He doesn't have a tail

He did in 64, but I think that's the only time.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

TeeJay

Has anyone ever looked closely at how items behave when Mewtwo performs different taunts? Check it out. It's some nice attention to detail the way the float about when he does his various taunts.

They also orbit around him when he dodges in place.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Nintendo6400

UGXwolf wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

Megumi wrote:

That reminds me, where's his tail there? Can't remember if he had a tail or not. lol

He doesn't have a tail

He did in 64, but I think that's the only time.

He had a tail and a bigger crown in every rare ware dk game.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

IceClimbers

Yup, in Rare's original design, K Rool had more detailed scales, a tail, a larger crown, a gold belly, and less straight teeth. After Rare was bought out by Microsoft, PAON did a redesign that removed the tail and gave him a normal belly, a smaller crown, and straighter teeth. The PAON design doesn't have detailed scales either. Or at least none of the official renders (including K Rool's trophy in Brawl and Smash 4). This Smashified render is of the PAON design, but with the detailed scales that the original Rare design had.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MsJubilee

IceClimbers wrote:

Yup, in Rare's original design, K Rool had more detailed scales, a tail, a larger crown, a gold belly, and less straight teeth. After Rare was bought out by Microsoft, PAON did a redesign that removed the tail and gave him a normal belly, a smaller crown, and straighter teeth. The PAON design doesn't have detailed scales either. Or at least none of the official renders (including K Rool's trophy in Brawl and Smash 4). This Smashified render is of the PAON design, but with the detailed scales that the original Rare design had.

Guess i learned something new today

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Nintendo6400

IceClimbers wrote:

So ya if king k. joins the roster, I they rework him into the rare ware design.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

UGXwolf

NintyMan wrote:

That King K. Rool artwork looks fantastic! I really hope K. Rool does make it in the game. I keep reading rumors that he's near if not on top of the Fighter Ballot. Seriously, I feel like this is K. Rool's last shot at returning in general. Retro Studios would not consider him for a new DKC game and Sakurai has seemingly avoided him, so it might as well be we, the people!

I think it's pretty clear Sakurai doesn't like the DK series all that much, which is annouing, but what can ya do? On the flip side, I don't see any reason to assume Retro won't bring the King Krok back from the dead. Just that there's a lot of "ifs" in the equation when you start talking about why they might bring him back.

bluemage1989

UGXwolf wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

That King K. Rool artwork looks fantastic! I really hope K. Rool does make it in the game. I keep reading rumors that he's near if not on top of the Fighter Ballot. Seriously, I feel like this is K. Rool's last shot at returning in general. Retro Studios would not consider him for a new DKC game and Sakurai has seemingly avoided him, so it might as well be we, the people!

I think it's pretty clear Sakurai doesn't like the DK series all that much, which is annouing, but what can ya do? On the flip side, I don't see any reason to assume Retro won't bring the King Krok back from the dead. Just that there's a lot of "ifs" in the equation when you start talking about why they might bring him back.

I'd love to see him make into Smash but as for DKC I'd like to see what new ideas they can make happen. After DKCR and DKTF I'm really curious what direction and setting they will take the series.

bluemage1989

Inkling

Who do you guys think will win the ballot?

I'm predicting Inklings, Shovel Knight, Isaac, Wonder Red and King K Rool will be in the top 10.

Edited on by Inkling

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Grumblevolcano

I'm thinking a fair chunk of the top 10 will be returning characters. Namely Roy (Fire Emblem), Wolf (Star Fox), Young Link, Snake, Ice Climbers (I know the last 2 characters are pretty much impossible but that doesn't stop the Shrek and Goku requests ).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Hendesu

Who ever wins the ballot, I gonna complain on different forums since the character is someone I don't like.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

UGXwolf

@Sakurai You of all people should know that you're not going to go with the most popular vote, but the most popular character that you a) recognize b) like and c) can quickly and easily come up with an idea for. (Pretty much the reason half of the top requested characters aren't getting in.)

EDIT: (Probably just gonna be safe and point out that I know this isn't actually Sakurai and I'm aware that joke got old after the first day.)

Edited on by UGXwolf

Joeynator3000

ZOMG IT'S SAKURAI!!1!!1!!one1!1ele-ah screw it, back to gaming. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Tsuchinoko

Hows everybody been?

I feel bad. I downloaded that Codename Steam demo. Played it for like five minutes and I was like, hmm, no.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Cranky_Kong

K. Rool, Rayman, Simon Belmont. These are mine three.
Unfortunately Simon is very difficult to appear in Smash. But never say never.

Cranky_Kong

TeeJay

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Hows everybody been?

I feel bad. I downloaded that Codename Steam demo. Played it for like five minutes and I was like, hmm, no.

What's there to feel bad about?

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Tsuchinoko

TeeJay wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Hows everybody been?

As myself? Not much. As a longtime Nintendo fan, I'm torn.

Smash 64 brought us the main series. While Melee was very much about bringing us characters from games not yet represented while adding characters from Nintendo's main IPs, we didn't really see any real representation from a wholly new franchise until Olimar. I remember him being a big deal. Now we finally have a few new IPs that might see representation in Smash 4 DLC or Smash 5. We got Shulk as our new character from Xenoblade and Villager already in the game. Nintendo are now pushing new IPs more than they were. Splatoon, Codename Steam, and The Wonderful 101 could all see representation of some kind (beyond trophies).

I want to support Nintendo, I just did not get Codename Steam at all.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

TeeJay

Tsuchinoko wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Hows everybody been?

As myself? Not much. As a longtime Nintendo fan, I'm torn.

Smash 64 brought us the main series. While Melee was very much about bringing us characters from games not yet represented while adding characters from Nintendo's main IPs, we didn't really see any real representation from a wholly new franchise until Olimar. I remember him being a big deal. Now we finally have a few new IPs that might see representation in Smash 4 DLC or Smash 5. We got Shulk as our new character from Xenoblade and Villager already in the game. Nintendo are now pushing new IPs more than they were. Splatoon, Codename Steam, and The Wonderful 101 could all see representation of some kind (beyond trophies).

I want to support Nintendo, I just did not get Codename Steam at all.

Eh. I didn't like the Codename Steam demo either. Never bought the game. I don't feel bad about it though.

Edited on by TeeJay

Mikes

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Hows everybody been?

I feel bad for not even playing the demo. It's been sitting in my 3DS's memory for so long now that I don't even remember how long I've had it. I have all the time in the world to try it, too.
It's also been a while since I've played Smash. I wonder if there's a lot more Mewtwo players online in For Glory. I'm eager to see who can use him well.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic