Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 21,361 to 21,380 of 27,917

NintendoFan64

Yellowtails wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Does anyone else feel like Smash 4 is a little... well... disappointing? I return to it every now and then, because the mechanics are the best out of ANY smash game, but something is just... missing. I guess it's the singleplayer that sucks for me. 8 player smash in classic mode is terrible. Special orders are alright I guess. But they don't entertain me for very long. And event mode is over in like an hour or two.

No adventure mode definitely leaves a huge hole in this game.

I think online for 8 player smash would have been great.

I'll admit, I would've loved for a Melee-styled Adventure Mode, but oh well. As for Online 8-Player Smash...it would be awesome, but if just one of the people playing it has a ad internet connection...it's not gonna be enjoyable.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Pootypie

Smash 4 is brawl hd now? Wow

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Azooooz

I always enjoy playing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, whether alone or with people through online. Yes, they could have included more modes for Wii U version, but that's because tit was developed alongside the 3DS version, so they don't want the Smash 3ds to be outshone by Wii U version. But that's just my theory.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Drobotic

Making a story mode would mean the game would be delayed like with Brawl.I'm grateful to have the game now.Plus,mini-games in Classic mode were things I honestly didn't care for at all and I'm going to wait for the Sm4sh metagame to improve more as people begin to discover new stuff.

Anyway,I played two of the funnest matches in For Glory today.First,I beat a Marth in 1-on-1(finishing them off with a Wario fart rocket),and then they ragequit.Then I played in regular Smash and won as Villager,laying waste to my enemies with trees and even their own attacks(There was a Dedede camping on one side of the stage using side B).

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

Blast

The only good thing about people complaining about Smash Wii U is that it shows Nintendo fans demand more and more quality content in their games. Nearly everyone agrees Smash Wii U is stunning and fun yet people are hungry for more. That's a good and bad thing but mostly good. Its bad because people get entitled like crazy and very elitist.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Tsuchinoko

Blast wrote:

The only good thing about people complaining about Smash Wii U is that it shows Nintendo fans demand more and more quality content in their games. Nearly everyone agrees Smash Wii U is stunning and fun yet people are hungry for more. That's a good and bad thing but mostly good. Its bad because people get entitled like crazy and very elitist.

I feel this way too. Even Smash fans who dislike Brawl or the 3ds versions have to admit that the level of detail is amazing in each game. They are high quality, and the fact that so many people like me get sad when veterans or stages don't make it in newer games is a testament to that.

There have been quite a few Smash rip-offs recently, and the difference in quality is evident right away.

Yes, I admit, I want more. The wait between games and this being Sakurais last game make waiting difficult. I wish more games had this much effort and care put into them. I really hope we are graced with DLC. You're right that entitlement is bad, but I don't feel like we are owed DLC, but I'd love it as a treat to me and other fans.

I do hope for the sake of the series and whoever Sakurai passes the torch to, that the game design and production is a more collaborative, team-based effort for future installments.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Drobotic

Blast wrote:

If Nintendo does more DLC for the game besides Mewtwo,I hope they let Sakurai get a break and allow someone who they can trust to do it.Though I do think people get too entitled at times,thinking that Nintendo is going to do absolutely everything they ask for them to do when they don't realize that some things take time.

Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

Tsuchinoko

Drobotic wrote:

Blast wrote:

If Nintendo does more DLC for the game besides Mewtwo,I hope they let Sakurai get a break and allow someone who they can trust to do it.Though I do think people get too entitled at times,thinking that Nintendo is going to do absolutely everything they ask for them to do when they don't realize that some things take time.

Making the DLC would be the perfect way to start to pass the responsibility to the other team members or whoever is training to take over. There really isn't the same sort of schedule, deadlines and stress with the game out.

It is common Japanese business tradition to train your replacement, your protege. I think that the responsibilities of smash are too much for a single person to oversee. I would prefer the next Smash game to be directed and produced by a team, Team Smash if you will, and they use Sakurais work ethic and style to lead the larger development team.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Blast

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

Blast wrote:

Making the DLC would be the perfect way to start to pass the responsibility to the other team members or whoever is training to take over. There really isn't the same sort of schedule, deadlines and stress with the game out.

It is common Japanese business tradition to train your replacement, your protege. I think that the responsibilities of smash are too much for a single person to oversee. I would prefer the next Smash game to be directed and produced by a team, Team Smash if you will, and they use Sakurais work ethic and style to lead the larger development team.

I've seen the future... Smash 5 will be Sakurai's last Smash game. He needs to go back to Kirby and Kid Icarus... badly.

Master of the Hype Train

CapeSmash

I went on For Fun and... can anyone explain how in the world did this happened?

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

veeflames

CapeSmash wrote:

I went on For Fun and... can anyone explain how in the world this happened?

I'd say that's just one of the errors you may meet online. In order words you joined a broken room. However, I still think the 10 minute ban would be in effect if you quit. shrugs
Why is For Glory so addictive? Despite the lag and the spammers, I still go back to it. Is my subconscious looking for the perfect opponent? Am I trying to get more winning streaks?

Who else plays For Fun often?

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

TeeJay

I play For Glory more than For Fun for one reason and one reason only: less lag. If For Fun had 1 vs. 1 mode with stocks like For Glory does I'd be in there all the time.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Drobotic

I like testing my skill against others in 1-on-1 with no items,along with regular 4-player Smash.I've hardly ever played For Fun.

Edited on by Drobotic

Undead_terror

Oh my, there is always epic moments in smash, me and Sheldon were just playing and we were on our last lives I (it was anyones game), anyways we were off the stage on temple which we would of died, Sheldon was trying to get back on with WFT and I used Mr Game & Watchs meteor attack...it was like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3swylpHp8gs YA GOT REKT SON! 360 no scoped home run bat to the face, smacked around like a rag doll and and then Falcon Keyed (punched) to your doom!....that match was pretty hype.

Anyone else wants to join us then let us know! we also have the launch rate on 0.5 which makes matchs longer and more fun, it's always a fun game.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Twiglingen

Undead_terror wrote:

Oh my, there is always epic moments in smash, me and Sheldon were just playing and we were on our last lives I (it was anyones game), anyways we were off the stage on temple which we would of died, Sheldon was trying to get back on with WFT and I used Mr Game & Watchs meteor attack...it was like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3swylpHp8gs YA GOT REKT SON! 360 no scoped home run bat to the face, smacked around like a rag doll and and then Falcon Keyed (punched) to your doom!....that match was pretty hype.

Anyone else wants to join us then let us know! we also have the launch rate on 0.5 which makes matchs longer and more fun, it's always a fun game.

I'll join you guys sometime, if you don't mind me keeping voice chat off for now. You know, since I don't know you that well and I'm in a public area of the house not sure what you'll say. ID is my user name.

Working on the profile pic. Trying to find a good one for me.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9841-0384

Rexcalibr

I honestly think the Koopalings and Bowser Jr. are the most underrated character in the game. Everyone makes a huge fuss over Diddy Kong but I never realized how cheap Koopalings/BJ are until I faced one that was really good. They're usually my main so I am now experimenting with other characters because I get sick of the same character all the time and I couldn't get one win after about 6 matches. All of their moves have so much priority it's ridiculous.

Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

Speaking of DLC, I'm surprised nothing has been released yet. This game would sell a lot of DLC and other than Mewto, who isn't even released yet, there hasn't been anything announced from what I know. Isn't there supposed to be a stage where people can draw pictures of their favorite characters in the background and it shows up as you play? What ever happened with that?

Rexcalibr

NintendoFan64

Rexcalibr wrote:

Speaking of DLC, I'm surprised nothing has been released yet. This game would sell a lot of DLC and other than Mewto, who isn't even released yet, there hasn't been anything announced from what I know. Isn't there supposed to be a stage where people can draw pictures of their favorite characters in the background and it shows up as you play? What ever happened with that?

1.They're probably still working on him.
2. Let's just wait until Mewtwo's done and THEN start talking about what future DLC might be...if there is any.
3. You're thinking about the Miiverse stage. They're still working on it. Between online and offline tournaments, sharing miis, pictures, custom stages and replays in the, the Miiverse stage(all for the Wii U version; the 3DS version already ets you share pics, miis and replays), and Mewtwo, there's a lot that they're working on.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Blast

Robin and Bowser are officially my archenemies. Sooo tough.

Master of the Hype Train

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic