Also this because why not.
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

FireMario887

Captain Falcon? No. I can see why he uses a vehicle. Because he is too slow and has medical issues and is no condition to fight, so his vehicle is his crutch.

FireMario887

zoroarkrules25

All of those are hilarious. Especially the banjo one. They are clever though.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

Neoproteus

So would anyone be disappointed if the characters they've announced so far were the only ones to make it in on-disc, and the rest were DLC? I mean, Nintendo would probably release another disk down the line that would include all of the DLC, but if at launch, only the 13 characters they've already announced. I'm going to guess that in total this game will have about 40-50 characters after all of the DLC, but probably only include about 30-40 on-disc. (for reference, Brawl had 35 characters) If I had to guess at the exact number of playable characters total, I'd have to go with 45, because I can think of at least 13 newcomers that are very very likely.

Edited on by Neoproteus

Neoproteus

AllAroundGamer9

I made a roster, what do you guys think of it?
Series: Mario
Characters: Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, and Yoshi.

Series: WarioWare
Character: Wario.

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Characters: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and Ghirahim.

Series: Pokemon
Characters: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Pokemon Trainer(X and Y version).

Series: Donkey Kong
Characters: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Dixie Kong.

Series: Metroid
Characters: Samus and Ridley.

Series: Kid Icarus
Characters: Pit and Paluenta.

Series: Fire Emblem
Characters: Marth, Ike, and Chrom.

Series: Kirby
Characters: Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede.

Series: F-Zero
Characters: Captain Falcon and Samurai Goroh.

Series: Earthbound
Charatcers: Ness and Lucas.

Series: Star Fox
Characters: Fox, Falco, and Wolf.

Series: Pikmin
Characters: Olimar and One of the three new characters in Pikmin 3.

Series:Ice Climbers
Character: Ice Climbers

Series: Game and Watch
Character: Mr. game and Watch.

Series: Punch Out
Character: Little Mac

Series: Wii Fit
Character: Wii Fit Trainer

Series: Animal Crossing
Characters: Villager

Series: Mega man
Character: Mega man

Series: Sonic
Characters: Sonic and Shadow.

What do you think? Be honest.

AllAroundGamer9

Twitter:

Snagrio

Neoproteus wrote:

So would anyone be disappointed if the characters they've announced so far were the only ones to make it in on-disc, and the rest were DLC? I mean, Nintendo would probably release another disk down the line that would include all of the DLC, but if at launch, only the 13 characters they've already announced. I'm going to guess that in total this game will have about 40-50 characters after all of the DLC, but probably only include about 30-40 on-disc. (for reference, Brawl had 35 characters) If I had to guess at the exact number of playable characters total, I'd have to go with 45, because I can think of at least 13 newcomers that are very very likely.

I find that scenario next to impossible. Sakurai already said he isn't planning on DLC atm, so he'll obviously put a full roster into the game from the get-go. I wouldn't rule out future DLC entirely though, especially since it's been announced they will provide patches should there be any post-release problems such as another Meta Knight imbalance.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Neoproteus

MajesticPaladin wrote:

I made a roster, what do you guys think of it?
Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and Ghirahim

Ghirahim would be cool I guess, but I hated that guy in Skyward Sword. I'd rather see Fi than him and she was pretty annoying too. I think Impa is far more likely, as her moveset would be identical to Sheik.

Series: Pokemon
Characters: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Pokemon Trainer(X and Y version).

So you cut two characters from Pokemon, and neither of them were Jigglypuff? Pokemon Trainer, I think, would be better suited chaning his name to Kanto Pokemon Trainer. That way, they can introduce the female Kalos Pokemon Trainer without confusion. Also, Mewtwo has a new form, so he'll be taking his job back from Lucario.

Series: Metroid
Characters: Samus and Ridley.

As much as I hate Other M, I'd like to see MB as a character just to get Zero Suit Samus out of there. I like her moveset, but I don't think it was a good idea to switch on Final Smash, and I don't think having two Samus's is a good idea either. That said; Ridley = Awesome

Series: Kid Icarus
Characters: Pit and Paluenta.

Can you imagine how cool these two would be? They could both have unique opening comments and taunts depending on who their opponents are and how the battle was going. Not to mention Medusa would make an awesome boss.

Series: Fire Emblem
Characters: Marth, Ike, and Chrom.

While I do think Fire Emblem deserves 3 slots, Ike and Chrom are basically the same character. I'd like to see alternate costumes for Chrom for Ike and Roy, and alternate costumes for Marth for Lucina and Lyndis. As for the potential 3rd slot, how about a mage? Micaiah was pretty important, though she may be irrelevant now. Tharja seems pretty popular.

Series: F-Zero
Characters: Captain Falcon and Samurai Goroh.

No. Captain Falcon is quite enough from that franchise until Nintendo actually starts making more F-Zero games... Not to mention Samurai Goroh is pretty lame. Here's an idea! You could have the main guy from Wonderful 101 as a chibi C Falcon!

Series: Earthbound
Charatcers: Ness and Lucas.

Think they're probably going to get rid of one of these two. Don't think Earthbound has enough of a future to warrant two character slots. Perhaps one could be the alternate costume for the other?

Series: Star Fox
Characters: Fox, Falco, and Wolf.

Keeping the clones? It was ridiculous in Brawl how they did this. It really should just be Fox with alternate costumes for the other two. Star Fox deserves two slots tops, and the other one should go to Krystal.

Series: Punch Out
Character: Little Mac

Never played it. Not opposed to the idea though unless Mike Tyson ends up being a boss.

Series: Sonic
Characters: Sonic and Shadow.

Why shadow? Isn't he just a Sonic clone but slower and with guns? Lame. Maybe as an alternate costume, but I can't see him being his own character. If Sega is getting a second slot, it should go to Bayonetta.

Neoproteus

Happy_Mask

Varia01 wrote:

Captain Falcon? No. I can see why he uses a vehicle. Because he is too slow and has medical issues and is no condition to fight, so his vehicle is his crutch.

Thems fighting words. u_u

FireMario887

Happy_Mask wrote:

Varia01 wrote:

Captain Falcon is tough, but he's too slow! Sitting down all the time in his vehicle has clearly made him lazy and in no fighting mood. I personally dislike him as a Smash Bros fighter.

VERY awesome list @MajesticPaladian.

FireMario887

GamecubeMan

Happy_Mask wrote:

Varia01 wrote:

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

FireMario887

Aw dang, that don't have the pic of Mario being in the center of an arena with his hands and head up. I really like that one... By they I mean the official website.

FireMario887

zoroarkrules25

Big-Luigi wrote:

Taking a rest under some shade...
Untitled

I wonder what stage that's from

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

Snagrio

So, about the whole no Subspace Emissary thing, at first like almost everyone else I was very disappointed. After all the cutscenes were one of my favorite parts of Brawl, and the excuse Sakurai used was downright ridiculous.

But then I got to thinking about Melee's adventure mode, and one moment that comes to mind is after you fight Samus and escape Zebes, and the camera pans to show Popstar, Kirby's home world, in the distance which is where you go next.

I actually like that idea more, going from world to world fighting through enemies and bosses belonging to that particular franchise, rather then throwing everything into one random place FanFiction style like Subspace did.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Happy_Mask

WingedFish wrote:

So, about the whole no Subspace Emissary thing, at first like almost everyone else I was very disappointed. After all the cutscenes were one of my favorite parts of Brawl, and the excuse Sakurai used was downright ridiculous.

But then I got to thinking about Melee's adventure mode, and one moment that comes to mind is after you fight Samus and escape Zebes, and the camera pans to show Popstar, Kirby's home world, in the distance which is where you go next.

I actually like that idea more, going from world to world fighting through enemies and bosses belonging to that particular franchise, rather then throwing everything into one random place FanFiction style like Subspace did.

Good to see someone else see's the value in Melee's adventure mode. :3

AlexSays

That was the dumbest reason I've ever heard

Oh boo hoo, your cutscenes were uploaded. Better cry about it and never make a cutscene ever again.

Too bad everything in every game they've ever made is also online. Once they find this out they'll probably rage quit the industry.

AlexSays

FireMario887

AlexSays wrote:

That was the dumbest reason I've ever heard

Oh boo hoo, your cutscenes were uploaded. Better cry about it and never make a cutscene ever again.

Too bad everything in every game they've ever made is also online. Once they find this out they'll probably rage quit the industry.

I know. I REALLY REALLY loved the CG cutscenes and I'm gonna freaking miss them.

FireMario887

LordJumpMad

People do like a little story with their fighting game.
Nintendo do have the time, and a "butt-load" of money to add cutscenes, do they not care about the fans?
I think Nintendo see us more like a herd of cash-cows, then fans.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic