Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 701 to 720 of 1,519

xBASSxMONSTAx

Mario_Party_Fan_999 wrote:

Hadn't played Monster Hunter before so I gave the demo a shot, was bored by it, now I'm going to pass on it. I wish I could have liked it.

Don't base your opinion from the demo. It does not do it justice.

I got the game and its much better than the demo.

Edited on by xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Jellitoe

Mario_Party_Fan_999 wrote:

Hadn't played Monster Hunter before so I gave the demo a shot, was bored by it, now I'm going to pass on it. I wish I could have liked it.

The Demo is boring, But the game is not. The whole thing about this game is the prep and training involved to take done these huge beasts. That could not be done in a demo. If you can, when it comes out rent it, and give it a fair chance then decide. But this demo is boring because most of the game is not available to you.

Jellitoe

Twitter:

Softmonk

I really liked monster Hunter tri. I'm going to download ultimate ad soon as it's available, and I'm very excited about it. two things though:

this demo is awful. it helped no one. it's difficulty, time restriction, lack of instruction, and limited variety have scared off many new players, including many people that had intended to purchase it. this demo was a terrible choice.

second, if people haven't heard about the cursed charm tables and do intend to invest time into the game please search it. this isn't just for "min/maxers," of which I am certainly not one. this effects the availability even "good" charms which are used to fill out a characters equipment. basically landing on a cursed charm table means your character is permanently handicapped from the beginning of the game.

there needs to be a public outcry about this. they need to make a fix. this is retarded. nobody wants this.

Softmonk

Void

Softmonk wrote:

this demo is awful. it helped no one. it's difficulty, time restriction, lack of instruction, and limited variety have scared off many new players, including many people that had intended to purchase it. this demo was a terrible choice.

I liked it.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

CanisWolfred

Void wrote:

Softmonk wrote:

I liked it.

Because you already knew what you're doing, I would assume. The point of a demo is to get people who are on the fence to make a decision. Chances are anyone on the fence would simply quit the game outright after playing this demo.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SMEXIZELDAMAN

The demo was great. It scared off the noobs and to any who are hardkore gamers welcomed them with loving arms.

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

SCRAPPER392

I know I've said this alot in this thread, but I liked the demo. I actually really disliked the Tri demo they were giving aeay at Gamestop for Wii a few years ago, but this one was great IMO. It just gives you an idea of the combat, gameplay options, and presentation of the game. I thought the HD video and sound were pretty big improvements over the original even if it was using the same textures and such, along with us knowing there's going to be more content and better supported online than what Wii had. Also, 3DS local and transferable saves.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Spoony_Tech

I know quite a few people here that are getting the game because or in spite of the demo. Retro and Tasuki are two of them. I'm sure there are amny other. Although I do admit the demo was kinda weak to draw new people into the series.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ShadJV

Tech101 wrote:

I know quite a few people here that are getting the game because or in spite of the demo. Retro and Tasuki are two of them. I'm sure there are amny other. Although I do admit the demo was kinda weak to draw new people into the series.

I am getting the game too. Though I agree the demo could've been better...

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

Void

CanisWolfred wrote:

Void wrote:

Softmonk wrote:

I liked it.

Because you already knew what you're doing, I would assume.

Well, I didn't, it was my first time playing Monster Hunter... But it wasn't exactly hard, it tells you to hunt X creature. I can't think of anything else you would be doing, of course it took me a while to know how I should fight the creatures, and I had to look in the manuel before I learned the controls, but I can't say it didn't feel rewarding when I finally took down that Lagombi.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'

Tasuki

Tech101 wrote:

I will admit the demo wasnt very good at all. In the sense of giving us a sense of what the game is about it left me wondering how anyone could enjoy this game. Honestly if so many of you werent fans of the series I probably would have passed but hearing what the full game is like is what made me want to get it. If you just judge it from the demo you are missing alot my suggest is check out some forums and listen to what people have to say about the game to get a better idea of it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Aviator

I am a huge fan of the series and the demo was terrible.

Don't worry, I can assure you will enjoy the full game.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

SCRAPPER392

I be gettin' dat fa duh show, homie G slice! 4eel!
Bustin' caps ol' skool ghetto style! Get back to dah streets, yo!
Dat Lagombi best be not hatin' wen we be drivin' by that hood, bro!
U dig? Peace out!

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Jellitoe

Finish what ever games you have hanging by Monday, cause the time eater is about to consume your console.

Jellitoe

Twitter:

Void

SCAR392 wrote:

U dig? Peace out!

/me slowly walks away...

Chrono_Cross

Void wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

U dig? Peace out!

/me slowly walks away...

/me stops Void and makes him watch what society has accomplished

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Joeynator3000

Ugh, I can't stop watching 3G videos...longest wait ever. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Void

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Void wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

U dig? Peace out!

/me slowly walks away...

/me stops Void and makes him watch what society has accomplished

Untitled

MERG

I wish that Capcom was offering a "digital" bundle. I want both versions and $100 is going to hurt.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.