Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,519

Darkflame411

Areas become your best friend trust me, and I never understood the repetitive thing, I mean I understand saying the controls are a bit clunky or something even if I disagree but I never thought ever that the combat was repetitive. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Darkflame411

Retro_on_theGo

So I'm going to sum up my opinions, since I thought the changes were funny:
Wii U Monster Hunter:

• Ohhhh, pretty.
  • Man these controls are clunky!
  • Do I seriously just mash A over and over to attack?
  • This is repetitive.
  • Kind of.... A little boring.
    Hard Quest:
  • Whoa, really pretty!
  • Man each weapon controls pretty different.
  • Hm, underwater isn't nearly as bad as others make it out to be.
  • This is kind of cool.
  • Huh, I guess there really is more to the combat than just smashing A...
  • Gah this is so hard! Awesome!
    3DS MH:
    It's almost exactly the same
    Conclusion:
    I'm really digging Monster Hunter!
Darkflame411

Mhm 1 button combat is a myth monster hunter is a 4 button combat game not including the dodge button D: R, A,X and A+X

Darkflame411

Spoony_Tech

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Darkflame411 wrote:

Mhm 1 button combat is a myth monster hunter is a 4 button combat game not including the dodge button D: R, A,X and A+X

Yeah, I noticed with the long sword. Chaining attacks and the swings keep getting faster and faster was awesome!

That weapon has like 5 different charges and with each charge it glows a different color. Gets stronger with each charge as well and can unleash a brutal blow. One of the best weapons for sure if your skilled enough with it!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Darkflame411

Only downside to the Longsword is that in multiplayer games they tend to interrupt other players a lot due to their large sweeping strikes, so if you intend to specialize in Long Swords be mindful of that when playing online, knocking your allies over is the difference between a quick and easy win and a waste of half an hour lol. Easily averted by just focusing on a different part of the monster than your friends.

Darkflame411

noname001

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but does anyone know if the final game with support Wiimote and nunchuck like the Wii version did? I played a loooot on the Wii using that method, and I've grown to love it. I'll use the more traditional controllers if I have no choice, but I would reeeeally prefer the old 'mote.

So, anyone know?

noname001

ShadJV

I have another question... In the full game, do you have to pick a weapon type at the start and stick with it for that character, or can you switch anytime?

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

noname001

If it's like the Wii, your first weapon is a super basic sword and shield. From then on, you can buy whatever weapon you want, or craft whatever weapon you want. You're never tied down to anything.

noname001

Spoony_Tech

ShadJV wrote:

I have another question... In the full game, do you have to pick a weapon type at the start and stick with it for that character, or can you switch anytime?

Yes your free to switch at any time. However not in the middle of a mission.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tasuki

willobee wrote:

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but does anyone know if the final game with support Wiimote and nunchuck like the Wii version did? I played a loooot on the Wii using that method, and I've grown to love it. I'll use the more traditional controllers if I have no choice, but I would reeeeally prefer the old 'mote.

So, anyone know?

Well the demo you can only use the Wii U Game Pad, or Pro Controller or the Wii Classic Controller. But that doesnt mean anything cause the 3DS version uses the CPP but with the demo you cant use it. So for now its anyone guess. I dont see why they would let you use the classic controller but not the Nunchuck.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

noname001

After googling a bunch of different things, I finally found a Capcom employee on the Unity site saying no wiimote and 'chuck because the WiiU version has new features that wouldn't work on the 'mote.

I'm not buying the reasoning, but oh well! I have 29 uses of the demo to get accustomed to using my pro controller!

Edited on by noname001

noname001

ShadJV

Thank you to both who answered my question. I'm so excited for this game! I can't believe I've been missing out on this series!

Peace!

noname001

It is a fantastic series. I'm glad it finally made it to Nintendo on the Wii, or I never would've discovered it

noname001

ShadJV

I'm actually glad Rayman was delayed, that solidified my interest in this release!

Peace!

SCRAPPER392

That harder mission fighting the fish is frustrating. I've tried it 3 times, and always run out of time. I understand the controls, but how the hell do you off the bombs? Do I need to throw a harpoon at them or something? I set up 3 all around it, and it just ran right through them. I would have won, but I just can't get the bombs to go off. Has anyone beaten this thing with nothing besides their main weapon? Maybe I just am terrible at this game, but I barely ever got hit, and hit it at least every 45 seconds with 5 swipes of the big blade weapon. It swimming around every 5 seconds in the water is when I can't get it that much though. It just swims back and forth, but never hits me.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Chrono_Cross

SCAR392 wrote:

I understand the controls, but how the hell do you off the bombs? Do I need to throw a harpoon at them or something? I set up 3 all around it, and it just ran right through them. I would have won, but I just can't get the bombs to go off.

Like I already answered, you can detonate it multiple. The demo also supplies you with a little yellow bomb that detonates the bombs. And whether the monster ran through it or not, it still inflicted damage. Just not as much as it could have if you say, tranquilised it then bombed it's vulnerable areas.

Has anyone beaten this thing with nothing besides their main weapon?

Yes, and I found it a little too easy. lol

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Aviator

SCAR392 wrote:

That harder mission fighting the fish is frustrating. I've tried it 3 times, and always run out of time. I understand the controls, but how the hell do you off the bombs? Do I need to throw a harpoon at them or something? I set up 3 all around it, and it just ran right through them. I would have won, but I just can't get the bombs to go off. Has anyone beaten this thing with nothing besides their main weapon? Maybe I just am terrible at this game, but I barely ever got hit, and hit it at least every 45 seconds with 5 swipes of the big blade weapon. It swimming around every 5 seconds in the water is when I can't get it that much though. It just swims back and forth, but never hits me.

You need to hit the bombs with something. Plessy can set them off (would be harder for it to set them off underwater). If you use a sword to hit it, be careful that you have enough HP to survive.

Good tactic, put bombs around a trap. Then set them off when it can't move.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

SCRAPPER392

How much time do they give you for the missions in the full game? How do I keep my stamina up? I think my main problem was the stamina. I basically couldn't run or swim fast after a while.
Maybe I'll just spend one of the 20 minute trials experimenting with all the stuff, instead of jumping right into the fight right away.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.