Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 1,519

Metal_Slugger

The demo has really choppy camera viewing. Is it smoother looking around on the full game? That seems a lot more clunky to me than the attacks with the demo. Even the demo is starting to grow on me I want to see more of this world I guess is why.

Metal_Slugger

bezerker99

The MH3U demo on 3DS is, just like every other 3DS demo (except Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan, that demo is legit), a complete waste of time and space. It's not at all representative of the game, it's objectives, or what makes it fun and addictive.

Take the dive and buy the game. You can thank me whenever, I'm a patient person. :3

Edited on by bezerker99

Metal_Slugger

If I wanted to play online how fast should my internet speed be? Mine isn't that fast might take away some fun if it doesn't work. Its cool for stuff like mario Kart but faster stuff like motostorm is like time warping lag. I think I got about 2mb/sec maybe a little more.

Metal_Slugger

MAB

Anybody found a massive bone or monster hardbone and dazzling fluid yet

MAB

Spoony_Tech

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Yeah but you wouldn't want to know where I found them.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Metal_Slugger

I bought a hard copy now the waiting begins. Not sure I will be able to stand the hours that are needed to advance we'll see.

Metal_Slugger

MAB

OldMan-Tech wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I suppose it's normal to get those regularly

MAB

Spoony_Tech

MadAussieBloke wrote:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

I suppose it's normal to get those regularly

I find mine mostly in the mornings right after I wake up!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

Has anyone gotten to the Mark of a Hero urgent quest in single player mode? I have no clue how I should combat this mission, and some advice would be helpful.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Spoony_Tech

Which quest is that?

MERG said:

SCRAPPER392

OldMan-Tech wrote:

Which quest is that?

The second to last. I have to fight an Ivory Lugicraus, Azuros Rathian, and a Brachyados in the land arena. All their attacks are 3 times stronger than normal.
I have the best equipment I can get thus far, so I think I may have to play online sooner than I thought to get better equipment, but I was seeing if anyone else has gotten that far in the single player mode.

Qwest

Spoony_Tech

Sorry that's even out of my league. I just picked up the ancient mask. I do know of one person who has beat it though. If no one answers you soon ill ask if he can post.

MERG said:

SilentHunter382

I am thinking of getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate but I have no idea on which version to get. I am more leaning torwards the 3ds version (I own the original model) because of portability over the Wii U version. Now I know the Wii U version has online but online isn't really a big deal for me bit other then graphics, online and portability is there any other content (single player related) add that is in one version but not the other or do they have the same content,

Xbox/PSN/NID/Steam/Origin = SilentHunter382
3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0756-1394 | Nintendo Network ID: SilentHunter382 | Twitter:

Dynetheous

@SCAR392 What i did for that quest was use my slime sns. So i killed the Ivory Lagia, and when the Brachy comes with the Azure rath, just run around for a bit while they kill each other lol. If you get an opening then attack the Azure rath, because most likely he will die first. Then just take your time with the Brachy.
AS for weps or armor, i would go with some weapon with a status, because there is no one element that all the monsters have a weakness too. Dragon would probably be your best bet if you wanted to do element. But poison, para or slime is the way to go imo.
And armor, just make sure it compliments your wep, like sharpness+1 or status attack up, something along those lines. Unless your a gunner then you be running around most of the time and not shooting so much I would say if you want to be cheap you could use the Kelbi bow, but i dont recommend it lol. But i do recommend using it on the Alatreon skypiercers are hard to get!

If you want to know anything more just let me know and ill try to answer your questions!
Good luck!

Edited on by Dynetheous

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

SCRAPPER392

@Zephren
Thanks for the advice.

@SilentHunter382
I have the Wii U version, but I would suggest the 3DS version if you have a Circle Pad Pro(XL), AND a Wii U.
The 3DS version still gives you online if you have a wired internet connection for your Wii U and use the Wii U as an access point. There's always portability, too.
I now have a Circle Pad Pro XL, which not owning was the only thing keeping me from buying the game.
In conclusion, buy a LAN adapter for your Wii U for, and possibly a CPP, to have the same game while still having ALL of the Wii U features, except HD and 5.1 PCM.

Qwest

Spoony_Tech

SilentHunter382 wrote:

I am thinking of getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate but I have no idea on which version to get. I am more leaning torwards the 3ds version (I own the original model) because of portability over the Wii U version. Now I know the Wii U version has online but online isn't really a big deal for me bit other then graphics, online and portability is there any other content (single player related) add that is in one version but not the other or do they have the same content,

To add to what SCAR392 said. I also have the cpp for my xl. It's difficulty to play underwater without it but if you ask me the graphics and 3d are some of the best I've seen on the system. I just keep being in awe of the visuals and the monsters and how good they look. Gets me excited for Monster Hunter 4aa

MERG said:

SCRAPPER392

Like others have said, 3DS wins for the most part, especially if you buy the extra equipment. 3D and portability are a plus overall.
LAN adapter = $10-20
CPP = $20-25
You'll be playing with the complete Wii U version if you buy the extras(CPP mostly optional). I would rather have portability, and the only thing I am missing is the LAN adapter.
It's mostly preference.
Just keep in mind that the CPP and LAN adapter for your Wii U will give you the whole MH3U for 3DS..

Qwest

bezerker99

You don't need the CPP. Seriously....I'm 100 hours into MH3U and don't own a CPP. I've only quest failed twice. RAWR.

Also, Lan Adapter is awesome.
Untitled

Edited on by bezerker99

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.