Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,519

Razalom

Using the Lance at the moment and having fun with it.

NNID : Razalom (Australia)

Spoony_Tech

So I wanted to up the challenge and went on local multiplayer by myself and its a much better challenge. Took me at least 15 mins to take Peco down with my equipment and rath running around like crazy!! Also with my great jaggi armor I was at a disadvantage against fire but I liked that challenge way better!!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

I'm still figuring out the combinations of items, finding the best armor, and weapons. I don't think I'm able to get better armor or weapons at this point because I don't have access to the resources.
The Royal Ludroth was the first monster that was actually a challenge for me. I've put in like 16 hours and almost done with the 3 star single player missions. There's so much to do and manage. I'm liking the game quite a bit. Not sure when I'm gonna go online, though.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

BenAV

Spent all day today playing local multiplayer with a bunch of people.
I was the only one that didn't just have starting equipment, but it was really good fun nonetheless.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Aviator

TOMBOY25 wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

TOMBOY25 wrote:

is it me or is the game INCREDIBLY easy compared to the original.

Can't say I disagree. You can get hit pleanty of time and still not need to take a potion. The first time I faced great jaggi it took me like 3 mins or less to take him down. Now in tri it seemed much longer.

yea im in the 3* quests now and no danger whatsoever whereas in tri id be screaming from the difficulty, i hope it gets harder but iv seen a youtube vid of a guy killing a rathian and rathlos (not sure if spelt those right) BOTH dead in 10 minutes.

As Fuzzy said, you've done this before.

I found many of the early quests in P3 really easy because I had already played Tri. The monsters were new, but attacks were much easier to read/learn, and it helped that I already knew how to use a lot of the weapons.

Give it time. If you've played all of Tri you most likely won't find it too difficult until they introduce new monsters.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Einherjar

I have a question about the monster logbook (not sure what its called in english, i only played the german version so far) In Tri (Wii) you needed to point the wiimote at the monster, click on it an drag the file onto the logbook icon. How does it work in 3U (Gamepad only) ? Do i need a wiimote along with the gamepad ?

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

TsunamiSensei

@Einherjar No, you just buy them in sets.

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

Betelgroose

Einherjar wrote:

I have a question about the monster logbook (not sure what its called in english, i only played the german version so far) In Tri (Wii) you needed to point the wiimote at the monster, click on it an drag the file onto the logbook icon. How does it work in 3U (Gamepad only) ? Do i need a wiimote along with the gamepad ?

you buy books from the shop lady

"From tiny acorns, mighty oak trees grow, and those oak trees have guns and are flipping awesome" -Bunny Lord
Uhhhh... I like potatoes...

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2393-2290 | Nintendo Network ID: Groose_Lord

Einherjar

Thanks for the help guys I didnt have much time to play and didnt browse the shops too well

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

BenAV

I've had the game for about 35 hours and my playtime is up to 29 hours... I think I'm a bit too addicted. D:

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

BenAV wrote:

I've had the game for about 35 hours and my playtime is up to 29 hours... I think I'm a bit too addicted. D:

You and me both. I'm taking my time but I'm sure I pushing 25 hours and I don't get much play time.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Hunter-D

Best way to get better armour? I've got the Chestmail set for starters but I think it's time for a change.

I'm up to the 2* Quest where you have to capture the Bear alive and I took a lot of damage throughout the quest, even though I dodged a lot of his attacks. I still failed at the end though.

At the moment I'm also looking for some Ice Crystals to upgrade a weapon. I've tried mining every area I know, still no luck.

Hunter-D

BenAV

Personally, I've just been getting as far as I can with the armour I have until I find that it's starting to get too difficult, then I try to find a sufficient upgrade that's easy for me to get.
I kept my starting armour until after Qurupeco, then I upgraded to Jaggi armour because I already had everything I needed, then stayed with that till after Lagiacrus, then switched to Barroth armour and that's what I've still been using now during all the 5 star Village quests.
I'm not too worried about spending a lot of time to get good armour until I start to get later in the tavern quests and actually want good stuff.

As for Ice Crystals, no clue.
I'm terrible at remembering where to find things, always have to keep looking stuff up myself.

BenAV

Hunter-D

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll follow suit.

I just did some googling for the Ice Crystals and couldn't find anything concrete. Although a few gamers suggested I search the brown rocks in the Desert Plains.

Hunter-D

cyrex

You guys are lucky, i had the game since yesterday morning and didnt have a chance yet to open the game from the wrapping paper

add me on wii u ( cyrex78)
Switch : SW-1239-7762-0605

6ch6ris6

Ark_Sin wrote:

So I finally caved in and got it on 3DS (I don't have a Wii U).

Any advice you'd wanna give me?

yeah post in the 3DS section for the game xD

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

BenAV

Ark_Sin wrote:

Any advice you'd wanna give me?

Take your time.
Stock up on resources and learn the monsters' patterns.
Most importantly, have fun.

BenAV

Nayr-WaR

Just got my Wii U and copy of MH3U. Game looks great in HD!
Need to set up wi-fi later... then its time for online.

NNID: Nayr96

cyrex

Hi guys
I am trying to put on the map and the weapon and health indicator on but i can not. Its on when i check it but it doesnt appear on the screen!!!!

Im using dynamic control is that the reason?

add me on wii u ( cyrex78)
Switch : SW-1239-7762-0605

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.