Forums

Topic: gaming crash of 2015 is real

Posts 1 to 20 of 23

Kaze_Memaryu

Just cut the drama - Newgrounds has even worse stuff, and gaming didn't suffer from it at all in any of these years. If anything, people like you who keep raging about it focus on the bad side of gaming too much to see how many great titles there are.

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Captain_Toad

Aw come on, we all know it not that.....(static)

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

moomoo

But Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain comes out in 2015 and it will be the most amazing thing ever.

Unless if you mean a crash in the natural flow of society due to everyone being drawn into the embrace of Metal Gear, there will be no crash.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

KryptoniteKrunch

Way too many heavy-hitters coming out in 2015 for this to be even remotely true.

Zelda U, Xenoblade Chronicles X, MGSV, Uncharted 4, Halo 5 etc. etc.

They'll always be those crappy, throwaway games but that doesn't mean a crash is going to happen. I've seen people predict another gaming crash for years now..

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Jaz007

Meme run is an annoying ant or squirrl in the yard. If no consequence. There's not gonna be a crash. Gaming is doing better than ever. Unless of course you're not serious. I can't tell if you are.

Jaz007

LzWinky

Note to self: a likely future event is somehow "real"

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Bolt_Strike

I certainly hope so. This industry needs a good crash.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Lance168

Mario Maker? Zelda Wii U? Halo 5?

Lance168

Haru17

The only AAA games not coming out in 2015 are the Elder Scrolls and Fallout, presumably (exaggeration). But seriously though, between Zelda, Uncharted 4, Halo 5, The Witcher 3, Batman, Bloodborn, Battlefront, Persona 5, Metal Gear Solid 5, Final Fantasy 15, and all the indie and new AAA IP coming out in 2015 there'll be more console sales than ever before.

The only thing I'm worried about is Nintendo being buried and forgotten about beneath the weight of all the X1/PS4/PC third party games coming out. Sony especially is really competing in terms of first party and exclusives now.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

IceClimbers

Will there be a gaming crash? I think so eventually, but definitely not next year. Too many heavy hitters coming. After the mess that was this year for AAA games outside of Nintendo and a couple other games, people will hopefully be more receptive and vocal towards any BS.

If 2015 ends up like this year somehow, then yeah a gaming crash will be likely.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Haru17

IceClimbers wrote:

Will there be a gaming crash? I think so eventually, but definitely not next year. Too many heavy hitters coming. After the mess that was this year for AAA games outside of Nintendo and a couple other games, people will hopefully be more receptive and vocal towards any BS.

If 2015 ends up like this year somehow, then yeah a gaming crash will be likely.

You kidding me? Despite object lack-lusterness 2014 had record sales for Watch Dogs and Destiny. The problem is publisher's play it so safe that sales are always about stable for their grey-as-grey-gets games. The masses will keep eating up drivel like Watch Dogs and Destiny while sales remain nominal and the artistic AAA titles die out.

That being said, I'm quite looking forward to some of Sony's exclusive AA games (yes, double A), because titles like Severed, WiLD, Rime, The Tomorrow Children, The Witness, The Talos Principle, Abzu, and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter look really interesting. More importantly, they're not about gruff white, cisgendered, men with guns shooting other E-EVVVIIIIIILLL men with guns in a modern setting. (I'm already a white, cisgendered man living in modern times, I don't need anymore insight on that experience, thank you).

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

IceClimbers

@Haru17 Watch_Dogs and Destiny broke records because of extreme overhype. People preordered because they were made to believe those games were the "go to games for a next gen experience". The general consensus is that both games were extremely disappointing. Most people seemed pretty pissed about those games as well as all the delays and broken games that were released.

While I have no doubt that next year will be a record setter for overall software sales, if the games end up disappointing or super broken, then it will hurt the AAA industry big time.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MsJubilee

the_shpydar wrote:

Stupid thread is stupid.

Merry Christmas.

That's your present a really stupid thread!Merry christmas friendo.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

TeeJay

Sigh...

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Bolt_Strike

Spectra_Twilight wrote:

The original Video Game Crash of 1983 was not a one-sided occurrence. Yes, development of games did begin to lapse, but only due to the general public no longer trusting the video game industry. Do you honestly believe such a thing could reasonably happen again in the age of the internet, in which we are much more informed of the inner workings of said industry?

Well... yes. If anything, the internet makes them look worse because we have more insight into some of the horrible design practices that they've indulged in.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

shingi_70

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Spectra_Twilight wrote:

The original Video Game Crash of 1983 was not a one-sided occurrence. Yes, development of games did begin to lapse, but only due to the general public no longer trusting the video game industry. Do you honestly believe such a thing could reasonably happen again in the age of the internet, in which we are much more informed of the inner workings of said industry?

Well... yes. If anything, the internet makes them look worse because we have more insight into some of the horrible design practices that they've indulged in.

and yet most people don't care.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.