Forums

Topic: The N64 Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 302

1UP_MARIO

They are universal game cases. I used them in the past. Most cartridges fit on them. Snes,64. SMS. Mega drive. Nes games fit too but you need to cut some of the tabs.

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Ryu_Niiyama

@ThanosReXXX LOL weight matters because I'll be building my furniture in my living room around my game collection and that will decide both design (length and thickness of shelving and wood investment lol. Since my N64 collection is mostly complete (as far as games that I want anyway) I'll be customizing to fit.

Kinda want to play 1080 snowboarding right about now.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ThanosReXXX

@Ryu_Niiyama Good choice. Still one of my favorite games. Seeing as you mentioned that title, I looked it up on Custom Game Cases, the second website I linked to. I apparently missed that they deliver boxes with artwork included, so you've got the complete packaging, all it needs is the cartridge and the manual/booklet:
https://www.customgamecases.com/online-store/1080-Snowboardin...
But at $4 a box, that's gonna cost quite a bit, if you want to buy those for all your games. They DO look good, though...

As for the weight of the game boxes: I don't know how many games you have, or wanna put in these kind of boxes, but it's not gonna affect any normal cabinet/closet type of furniture piece in any overly negative way, unless your planning on using thin strips of plywood for shelves...

But the Amazon link does mention weight, for the 10 box bundle, although it seems unlikely to me, because it says that the entire bundle weighs in at a pound, which would mean that each box weighs around 50 grams, which seems somewhat unlikely. Maybe they weighed the bundle in its packaging or something.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

KingMike

Cutting up the game boxes to make them fit in a case seems like counterproductive to a box protector.
Might as well just get a scanner, scan the box and then print out the copy.

KingMike

ogo79

@KingMike
you dont do what everyone else does?
store yer n64 games in a dumpster.
just dont store doom 64 and castlevania legacy of darkness there

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

KingMike

@ogo79 I actually do have a Japanese copy of a Castlevania game, but I forget which one it is. Probably the earlier bad (worse?) one.

KingMike

ogo79

@KingMike there are no bad castlevania games.
ever.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX Ah, so that’s where Blockbuster dumped all the N64 cases. I was wondering where all the stock from our old Grapevine warehouse went to 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@AlohaPizzaJack Which ones? The plastic covers, the one size fits all boxes, or the custom game cases?
Probably not that last one, seeing as that's their own product...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX The cases that hold N64 games. They've been around. Glad someone still found a viable market, though. The custom covers is what sells it

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@AlohaPizzaJack The custom game cases are from Blockbuster originally? Or the ones that Amazon are selling? If it's the former, then Custom Game Cases are basically lying through their teeth about making "their own" console specific cases, which would be rather pathetic, if you ask me...

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX The design for CustomCases is very similar. Different strength of plastic, I can tell. The company didn't used the yellow channel locks back then, so the inside edges didn't have all that reinforcement, though.

#MudStrongs

Zelda1433

I love the N64. While I played the NES and SNES as a kid I didn't own them (had a Sega instead). N64 was the first system I truly wanted and asked for from my parents. My best friend owned one and we spent an entire weekend using a guide trying to obtain as many stars as we could in SM64. It was at that point I knew I needed one in my life.

All the memories playing SM64, Goldeneye, Mario Party 2, Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Kart 64, Pokemon Snap, Donkey Kong 64...

I didn't play Ocarina of Time in its heyday unfortunately but thanks to the 3DS I finally played it start to finish in 2011 and it became (and still is) my favorite game of all time. I've beat it many times on N64.

To me the N64 was the perfect multiplayer machine. I was in middle school when I had it, and many a day was spent in Goldeneye multiplayer matches, or facing off against my friends on a Mario Party board. Miss those days a lot!

Switch FC: SW-5454-6221-5238

Diddy64

@Zelda1433 Same here. It also was my third console.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

gavvybiggs

Just bought an N64 off ebay. Can't wait for it to arrive! Never owned one before!

gavvybiggs

1UP_MARIO

@gavvybiggs you won’t be disappointed. It’s a great system with good games

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

gavvybiggs

@ReaderRagfish The only one coming with it is an F 1 racing game! I deffo want to get Pilotwings, MK, and Mario 64 but other than that I am open to suggestions!

I just want games to fire up, get straight into a game and have some fun! Rather than loading, updates, logging into such and such servers, finding a match like the latest games and systems!

gavvybiggs

Zelda1433

@gavvybiggs Some suggestions - Diddy Kong Racing, F-Zero X, and Beetle Adventure Racing if you like racing games. Banjo Kazooie and SM64 for platformers. I personally love Mario Party 2, Pokemon Snap, and you have to get Goldeneye. If you're into Zelda games, obviously Ocarina and Majora's Mask.

Switch FC: SW-5454-6221-5238

Banjo-

I will always recommend an Xbox One and Rare Replay to every single gamer for some polished N64 goodness. I have a RGB-modded N64 too. Diddy Kong Racing is a must-have for anyone with a N64 since it's one of the best games and it's not available anywhere else (oh well, on DS with low resolution, compressed audio and touch controls).

@Zelda1433 Such good taste. Similar memories here.

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic