Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 581 to 600 of 3,237

irken004

rustythekid wrote:

is there a chance can you run it can be wrong?

Yes, it can be wrong because I was able to play Arkham Asylum, even though Can You Run It said I couldn't.

However, I've only been able to play the game on the lowest graphics setting.

The best way to figure out if ur computer can run it is by playing a demo of the game (although, not all games have a demo)

Edited on by irken004

rustythekid

Thank you sir for stating the obvious! Dirt 2 has a demo, it's downloading now, will try it and hopefully it will work, if not, well, then I'll but the air pack.

rustythekid

Aviator

If I was to get the World of Goo pack, how many people would be up for a copy?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

HolyMackerel

@rustythekid Thanks. @Terra I've no contacted Steam support about the issue.

@Terra I'd be up for NyxQuest if you still have copies remaining, but judging from my past experience gifting games to you it may be problematic. :/ Also the NyxQuest demo didn't impress me much, even though I usually like platformers. Hmm.

My lootz from the sale:

• Audiosurf
  • Beat Hazard
  • BIT.TRIP BEAT
  • Cogs
  • Defense Grid: The Awakening
  • DogFighter
  • Droplitz
  • Flotilla
  • Gratuitous Space Battles
  • King's Bounty: Platinum Edition
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
  • Plain Sight
  • The Polynomial
  • Puzzle Dimension
  • Puzzle Quest 2
  • Rhythm Zone
  • Tidalis

HolyMackerel

dangermouseuk78

irken004 wrote:

rustythekid wrote:

is there a chance can you run it can be wrong?

Yes, it can be wrong because I was able to play Arkham Asylum, even though Can You Run It said I couldn't.

However, I've only been able to play the game on the lowest graphics setting.

The best way to figure out if ur computer can run it is by playing a demo of the game (although, not all games have a demo)

Can i run it is ok mainly as a guide i have had success with it and also demo are good way of testing, altho i did once have a demo run really badly on me but got the game anyways and it ran fine.

Edited on by dangermouseuk78

dangermouseuk78

rustythekid

@Terra: I was offering NyxQuest, but I read you already got it, I was using my spanish grammar so it sounded ok when I first thought of it

@dangermouseuk78: I downloaded the demo of Dirt 2 and the in-game part ran perfect on my computer, although the loading screens take too long (let me be clear: WAAAAAY TOOO LOOOOONG) and the game crashes after the demo race, though I don't know if that's a demo issue or the same will happen with the game, like you said, maybe the full game will run fine.

rustythekid

irken004

Is anyone else able to download their preorder of Super Meat Boy? Apparently Steam is down for me :/

dangermouseuk78

@irken i havent preorder the meat boy game but steam has been having some down time today and i have read others have had probs with their meatboy order.

Edited on by dangermouseuk78

dangermouseuk78

Odnetnin

HolyMackerel wrote:

• AudioSurf - Played the demo and enjoyed it enough, but doubt it'll have much replay value
  • Beat Hazard - I don't see the connection to the music and no free iTunes support is stupid, but still decent
  • BIT.TRIP BEAT - Amazing game but it doesn't run
  • Rhythm Zone - Heard it was terrible and haven't played yet
  • The Polynomial - Space of the music -- Looks absolutely great but doesn't run

Overall a horrendous buy.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Aviator

irken004 wrote:

Is anyone else able to download their preorder of Super Meat Boy? Apparently Steam is down for me :/

2 hours is the most recent steam countdown.

Also, I bought Chu Meat Boy last nite, so now he can be beated tooo.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

irken004

Well some people have got their copy of SMB to download, so if someone figures out how, post it here :3

EDIT Nevermind, it's working now that I restarted Steam.

Edited on by irken004

Aviator

Oh my god, I've played this game for 2 hours, my fingers hurt so much, but its sooooo worth it.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Ravage

Well, that answer my question; anyone else want to put in their opinions on the game? I am probably gonna wait for Christmas to get it, so I can't share your pain, except that I've played the Xbox trial. There was the one dark world level that I could not get past. I don't know if anyone has played it yet, but you are being chased by these three saw blades (similar to one of the regular levels) and I was able to make it to the end, but you have to go back the same way you came to get the princess. I could not make that one jump on the way back. I decided to stop since I had been replaying the same level for about an hour...

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

irken004

Ravage wrote:

Well, that answer my question; anyone else want to put in their opinions on the game? I am probably gonna wait for Christmas to get it, so I can't share your pain, except that I've played the Xbox trial. There was the one dark world level that I could not get past. I don't know if anyone has played it yet, but you are being chased by these three saw blades (similar to one of the regular levels) and I was able to make it to the end, but you have to go back the same way you came to get the princess. I could not make that one jump on the way back. I decided to stop since I had been replaying the same level for about an hour...

This game is BRUTAL @_@ Also, there are lots of bugs/glitches that are currently being patched.

Ravage

I read on the forums that you can use the A+S keys for run and jump instead of Ctrl+Space.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Aviator

Note to all. Do not play a Super Meat Boy for over 6 hours in one day. You hands will hurt.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

JonWahlgren

Terra wrote:

Dear god, this gonna be a lot of quotes

Jon+Wahlgren wrote:

@Terra: How much for a copy of NyxQuest?

A Cheap game as a gift would work with me, like Ecco: The Tides of Time. Would that work for you?

Sure would. My Steam name is johnnypanda, I added you so add me back and we can swap.

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

HolyMackerel

@Terra Ristar is sent! Steam support changed a setting on my account too.

HolyMackerel

SwerdMurd

Meatboy's really not bad...kinda hard at first due to the speed, but it's pretty fun. It's a glitchy mess though, and some of the features they just kinda left out are practically unforgivable, such as the lack of ability to exit the game while playing a level. Coupled with irritating "spawn above floor, can't control character" bugs, you have a game that necessitates force-quits way too often.

Optimization is pretty poor too....nothing about this graphic design should cause even a hiccup for any computer, yet I'm running it at a lower resolution than Bioshock or King's Bounty (really robust 3D games) due to uneven slowdown anytime one of their poorly-programmed transparency effects shows up. Given that the graphic design is about on par with my own (yes, I'm insulting myself ) it's baffling how this game can run so badly.

It's fun though--Spent a couple hours getting familiar on this comp, then swept worlds 1-5 with (most) warp zones in a little over an hour. Dunno how much repeat play I'm gonna get, but it's pretty cool! Now add in customizable controls and...a quit option....and game testers next time.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.