Forums

Topic: PS Vita is Dead

Posts 101 to 119 of 119

DannyBoi

Is the server still active for little bit planet PS vita?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Magician

I began playing Summon Night 6 over the weekend. A nice AA-quality strategy rpg. Not quite on the level of the Disgaea series, but fun enough. Howlongtobeat.com suggests that this could take a while, but I'm determined to play through my PS Vita collection before I devote all my time and effort towards the Switch collection.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JoeDiddley

I bought my brother in laws Vita for a steal with Christmas money (with Persona 4 Dancing and MvC3). He hadn't touched it since I borrowed it in the summer to play Persona 4 Golden.

I love the bright beautiful screen and it's smaller than my Switch. So it's probably the Vita I'll be more likely to take out and about with me, I always worry about taking my Switch and it's a bit less convenient.

I seem to have a thing for "dead" systems as I've picked up a lot of 3DS games this year too.

Edited on by JoeDiddley

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

JoeDiddley

@Zuljaras fair enough. I hope to be playing both for many years yet - lots of great 3ds games. And I don't have a PS4 so the Vita is a good option for non Nintendo games for me.

I'm tempted to pick up a PS4 for the remote play option (the kids take over the tv so I play on handhelds)

Magician

I finally got around to dabbling with Need for Speed Most Wanted. Honestly, it's quite an excellent port of the game. But there's one serious issue. This game falls victim to the inclusion of the rear-touchpad controls.

The in-game radio station controls are tied to the rear-touchpad. And my gorilla-size mitts are constantly changing radio stations or toggling the radio on and off while playing. Super...annoying. Sure the gameplay is tight, but being forced to turn the music volume all the way down is disheartening.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JoeDiddley

Vita is still my new console in 2020.

I’m currently playing Zero Escape 999 and recently I’ve picked up Trails Of Cold Steel and Steins Gate.

BruceCM

Ooh, the 1st ToCS, @JoeDiddley .... ? Please let me know how you get on with that! & Stein's;Gate

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Cyz

@JoeDiddley I played this game on 3ds and it blew my mind. Really amazing scenario !

Current: ??? | Backlog completion : 23/60+
Last Done: Night In The Woods, Wandersong, WarpShift, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Trials of Mana, Doom3, Figment, Celeste, Forgotton Anne, Nairi, Steamworld Dig, Hollow Knight, ...

Magician

I dabbled with the Jak & Daxter Collection over the weekend. Severe disappointment. The frame rate is barf-inducing. And some of the side activities are nigh impossible to complete due to the input lag.

Quickly moved on to Exist Archive. A weird combination of platformer / jrpg (much like Super Neptunia RPG, if you've ever played that game) but with sublime voicework and a pretty great soundtrack. Aside from some minor dips in frame rate, this one feels like a true hidden gem. I believe it's available on PS4 as well.

Vinny

The western Vita version of Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen came out recently.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Dirk0342

I bought a vita about 3 years back. As a JRPG fan I noticed right away that there weren't a lot of big JRPG titles. I already played Persona 4 on my PS2 and I am not really a big fan of the Persona subseries, so I haven't touched P4 Gold. I also noticed there were a lot of low-budget dungeon crawlers. I love those type of RPGs so I played Demon Gaze and Stranger in Sword City, they were alright.

The game I enjoyed the most was Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate. It's the best roguelike game I have ever played and it's shame it's locked on a failed platform as this.

Dirk0342

Magician

@Dirk0342 - Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and Dice of Fate was recently announced for Switch in Japan. It'll probably get a western release in 2021.

@TheLightSpirit - I've never been much of a PC gamer. I prefer consoles and portables.

Edited on by Magician

Dirk0342

Magician wrote:

@Dirk0342 - Shiren the Wanderer: The Fower of Fortune and Dice of Fate was recently announced for Switch in Japan. It'll probably get a western release in 2021.

I guess I missed out on something!

Dirk0342

Vinny

Now that P4G is no longer an exclusive (tbh it was never 100% exclusive, yeah Golden has tons of extra stuff but the base game was a PS2 title), here's some titles that are still exclusives:

• Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Freedom Wars (Monster Hunter-like game set in the fuuuuuture)
  • Soul Sacrifice Delta
  • Touch my Katamari (this one is lacking in content, but it's a fun short game)
  • Killzone: Mercenary
  • Unit 13
  • Muramasa Rebirth (the original game is on Wii, but this version has a more accurate localization and new DLC chapters)
  • Shinobido 2
  • LittleBigPlanet PS Vita (pretty good story mode)
  • Lumines: Electronic Symphony

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Magician

Dabbling with Ragnarock Odyssey Ace over the weekend. Meh, it looks good and plays well. But as one of the MH clones on Vita it feels...safe, mundane maybe? Soul Sacrifice Delta and the Toukiden games have been more interesting by comparison.

It's too bad Monster Hunter Frontier G was a Japan-only release on Vita.

Although I wouldn't have paid a monthly fee to play MH anyhow.

JoeDiddley

I’m currently playing Trails Of Cold Steel, and I’m really enjoying it so far.

FX102A

I really need to give my Vitas more love, though I tend to find myself playing either PSP or PS1 Classic titles on it.

I just wish save file transfers between PS3/4 had been more seamless (outside of a few games).

FX102A

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic