4. Golf Story
5. Snipperclips

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Octane

@Meowpheel @Joeynator3000 @TheLZdragon @Peek-a-boo @Dezzy @NEStalgia @Haru17 @kkslider5552000 @dizzy_boy @Tyranexx @Spoony_Tech @jaxonH @Operative2-0 @DarthNocturnal @Grumblevolcano @-Green- @Buizel @IceClimbers @MsJubilee @Luna_110 @sinalefa @Tsurii @FragRed @rallydefault @skywake @Ryu_Niiyama @KirbyTheVampire

Hey guys, this is the obligatory reminder for the NLife GOTY awards! Vote for your top 5 games of 2017 on any Nintendo system (Switch, 3DS, Wii U or Nintendo's mobile games), first and third party games! Anything's allowed! We already have a bunch of votes, but any additional votes are always welcome, the more the merrier!

1st place = 5 points
2nd place = 4 points
3rd place = 3 points
4th place = 2 points
5th place = 1 point

Octane

Spoony_Tech

@Octane Thanks for the heads up. First I like to say I can't put Mario in my top five as I haven't played it and won't for a couple more weeks. I'm almost certain it would be a game in my top 5 but that's how I roll.

1. Zelda BotW
2. Metroid Samus Returns
3. Mario + Rabbids KB
4. Splatoon 2
5. Golf Story

Number 6 would go to L.A. Noire as an honorable mention but it just missed out my top 5.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

cookypuss

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+
4. Stardew Valley
5. Shovel Knight Treasure Trove

Not much to separate the top 3 tbh

cookypuss

-Green-

I didn't really play too many Nintendo games this year, and the ones I did play I for the most part really enjoyed. It's difficult to say which ones I liked more over others, so I'll just rank them on the enjoyment I've had playing them.

1. Splatoon 2
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Breath of the Wild
4. Stardew Valley
5. Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

skywake

1. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Snipperclips
4. Arms
5. Steam World Dig 2

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

JaxonH

@Octane

1 Xenoblade Chronicles 2
2 Monster Hunter XX
3 Zelda Breath of the Wild
4 Super Mario Odyssey
5 Splatoon 2

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Octane

@Spoony_Tech Makes sense! Not everyone has played every game they wanted to play yet. That's why we need as many votes as possible, so it evens it out, hopefully.

Octane

MsJubilee

1. Mario Odyssey
2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
3. Fire Emblem Echoes

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

NEStalgia

Top 5:
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NSW/WIU)
2. Super Mario Odyssey (NSW)
3. Fire Emblem Warriors (NSW)
4. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (NSW)
5. Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS)

FE:W in particular really surprised me. I expected a FE skinned Musou game, but in practice it was really made as an FE game wrapped in an action game with Musou conventions. I was very shocked at how "Fire Emblem-ey" they made the actual gameplay and at harder difficulty map use and unit management are no less important than in an FE game. They really went an extra ten miles in creating a genuine crossover rather than just another licensed skin.

Honorable Mentions:
a. I feel bad cutting the phenomenal looking Xenoblade Chronicles 2 from the list, as I'm certain it qualifies, however it's likely to be some time before I actually get to play it, so I can't rate it in the list, unfortunately.

b. Splatoon 2 is probably the game consuming the majority of my time for the past few months to the detriment of other titles, I also can't quite consider it on par with the other stand-out titles here given how much is borrowed from the prior game, and fundamental problems still wrong with matchmaking and balance.

c. A dozen other games that all deserve recognition, but can't match the polish of the top 5. FAST RMX was a stand-out launch title for Switch, Disgaea 5 is an excellent port, ARMS lacked some necessary depth but is a fantastic new IP, Skyrim on Switch doesn't qualify as top 5 as it's a port of a 6 year old game, but it's an excellent port, Doom is expectation defying, Snipperclips is a fun party game, Ever Oasis is a phenomenal swan song for 3DS next to Metroid, Blaster Master Zero was really fun retro goodness, but retro indie games can't match the voting power of highly polished commercial games.

@Octane Thanks for the ping! I would have missed it!

NEStalgia

sinalefa

1. Super Mario Odyssey
2. Zelda BOTW
3. Splatoon 2
4. Snipperclips
5. Kamiko

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

Oubie

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (5 pts)
2. Super Mario Odyssey (4 pts)
3. Metroid: Samus Returns (3 pts)
4. Ever Oasis (2 pts)
5. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (1 pt)

Oubie

3DS Friend Code: 5000-2596-8451 | Nintendo Network ID: Oubie88

Grumblevolcano

1. Fire Emblem Warriors
2. Splatoon 2
3. Sonic Mania
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
5. Super Mario Odyssey

Fire Emblem Echoes and Metroid Samus Returns would've been in the top 5 if they were Switch games but being 3DS games, they are 6th and unplayed respectively. The Switch concept is just so perfect that I do find it difficult going back to 3DS.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

sinalefa

@Octane

Thanks for letting us know about this. I couldnt vote in the PS one since most of my 2017 gaming was on Switch.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

Octane

@sinalefa No problem, this is a new thing for me too. Seeing how the GOTY awards on PS were always a success, I had to try it over here as well.

@Tsurii Is that 5 points for Odyssey and 1 for Xenoblade? Or the other way around?

Octane

IceClimbers

1. Zelda Breath of the Wild
2. Splatoon 2
3. Sonic Mania
4. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
5. SteamWorld Dig 2

Didn't vote for Odyssey because I haven't played it yet. If I had it would undoubtedly be #2 at the very least, possibly #1.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Peek-a-boo

@Octane I believe I haven’t played a single new Nintendo game this year, as my top ten in the other SUPERIOR! Games of the Year thread shows.

I have played Mario Kart 8 on my Wii U earlier in the year as well as some indies games on my PlayStation 4 that you can buy on the Switch so, I shall unhelpfully do it this way.

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
2. Axiom Verge
3. Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap
4. SteamWorld Dig 2
5. Sonic Mania

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

rallydefault

@Octane
Very cool. Here goes:

Breath of the Wild
Super Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Graceful Explosion Machine

rallydefault

Tyranexx

@Octane: Thanks for the shout out! Unfortunately, the newest game I got around to playing this year was last year's Pokemon Sun. I don't feel that it would be fair for me to vote due to my lack of a Switch and the fact that this year's 3DS titles that I have picked up are still sitting quietly in my backlog for the time being. XD

...It's not that I haven't had a busy year of gaming, it's just that I'm trying to clear out a good chunk of my backlog (mainly a lot of my Wii U games) before getting a Switch. To be honest, I'm sure I would have a pretty killer list if the games weren't limited to 2017 only.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.