Forums

Topic: GPD Win 2: The Most Powerful Handheld Ever Made

Posts 161 to 170 of 170

DannyBoi

So will it do that out of the box, or will I have to upgrade it?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

JaxonH

@DannyBoi
Out of the box. Of course, there's a video from ThePhawx on YouTube showing you how to properly set it up out of the box, and what bios settings to use to get the most out of your gaming. And you'll want to install Intel Tuning Utility (free download) to run the Win 2 on different power profiles. Out of the box is 7W profile. You'll want to use the tuning utility to also make an 8.5W profile, and maybe even a 10W profile with turbo boost to 12W. Personally though, I stick with the 7W profile unless a game needs more power, then I switch to the 8.5W profile. I dont go higher than that cause the returns are diminishing and battery life and heat start taking big hits. So dont be one of those guys trying to run Fallout 4 on a 12W power profile. Stick with games that can run on 8.5W max.

ThePhawx has everything you'll need to know in his tutorial vidoes

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

DannyBoi

Is it easy to setup?

JaxonH

@DannyBoi
Pretty easy. Just follow the exact instructions on ThePhawx video

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

DannyBoi

@JaxonH Considering that the Win 2 is portable, how can you play steam games in the go? Isn't steam online only?

Edited on by DannyBoi

JaxonH

A Google search will answer such questions.

Steam is not online only

1UP_MARIO

@DannyBoi the switch is portable and you can play games online

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

DannyBoi

@1UP_MARIO No, I.mean doesn't steam require you to have an internet connection to play every game?

RupeeClock

@DannyBoi
You can put Steam into Offline Mode once you've signed in, which'll let you launch games without an internet connection.
The caveat is that you need to remember to do it before you go somewhere without internet access.

One downside of the GPD Win 2 is it has no SIM card slot, so mobile data isn't an option without a USB accessory. I do love this device though, I have one.

RupeeClock

JaxonH

@RupeeClock @DannyBoi
Actually, you only need to do it once, the first time you start the game. After that, you can play it offline whenever you want (as opposed to every time you sign in)

I have STEAM on my Win 2. The first time you launch a game it needs internet to verify. But once that's done, you can launch it whenever you want.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.