Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 3,201 to 3,220 of 3,602

Angelic_Lapras_King

@Henmii Exactly. Torna on the card, the other stuff on the code is the goodies for XC2 that's included on the pass.

Angelic_Lapras_King

Ralizah

So, I'm about 7 hours into Torna now, and I'm really, really liking the changes made to combat as well as the community feature. which feels like a much more intuitive version of the affinity charts that have featured in games throughout the series.

The streamlined nest of systems also make the game feel much less unwieldy than any other Xenoblade (particularly X, which is a bloated nightmare in that regard).

In general, I wish Monolith would incorporate this sort of leaner, more focused game design into their mainline titles.

The game also just looks nicer all-around, both docked and undocked.

And the music!

Really cool expansion so far.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

Oh, now I get the bad luck regarding core crystal resonance. Have 2 of the NG+ Blades left to get via core crystals and keep getting common Blades.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

New stuff for 1st anniversary of the base game:

• Updates for both base game and Torna - Seems to have the Mythra spirit outfit from Smash Ultimate, don't know what else
  • Torna soundtrack coming 14th December - Same places as the base soundtrack (Amazon, iTunes, Google Play, etc.)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LzWinky

@Grumblevolcano Funny enough, I seem to get every villain blade as I progress through the story after they are defeated for the last time

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

EvilLucario

Not a fan of the changed design for Mythra. The tights should be black instead of white imo. If it was white then it would be much better.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Angelic_Lapras_King

I'm glad at least you can pick in the Xeno games what outfit Mythra wears, as I'm sure if it were a forced change fans would complain about it. Its understandable for Smash, lotta kids going to play the game, even Fire Emblem's Carmilla has had an alteration too. Its not a bad outfit if stockings are your thing, but I'll stick to her default....maybe mess around with swimsuits whenever I unlock them, haha. XD

Does her new outfit come with colour alts or just her default colours?

I guess Pyra got off, since you can't see her....behind in her artwork. XD

Angelic_Lapras_King

Jarester

dont mean to diss this game or anything I'm interested in getting it but how is the current 'lag' issue? I'm familiar with frame drops its fine but wondering if this game is better played docked or not?

Jarester

EvilLucario

@Jarester It's better docked, but no matter how you play you're going to get framerate drops unfortunately.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Geobros

I am playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the main game without DLC content. I am on chapter 8 and I have found all the Rare Blades except Vale. I have spent about 300+ core crystals (legendary, rare & common) and no chance. Do you think I have to go on on the next chapter for unlocking this last blade? Or there is no connection and I am just unlucky? I am farming legendary and rare crystals by Vampire Bride Marion btw. I need her to finish another blade quest there I need more girls talk, i am tired. Untitled

Edited on by Geobros

Geobros

My Nintendo: Geobros

Cynas

@Geobros You've just been getting unlucky it seems. To be fair, she does have one of the lowest drop rates in the game. Try getting your Luck stat as high as possible, get your Justice up, and use some Justice boostets. Try using Legendary Cores if you can, too.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Geobros

Cynas wrote:

@Geobros You've just been getting unlucky it seems. To be fair, she does have one of the lowest drop rates in the game. Try getting your Luck stat as high as possible, get your Justice up, and use some Justice boostets. Try using Legendary Cores if you can, too.

Thanks Cynas. This is what I would like to know, that I can have her before finishing the game. Yeah, it seems I am really unlucky but, as I was trying to obtain her and by bolding so many core crystals, I won Kosmos. This is great news as I read he is the rarest one.

Geobros

Trajan

@Geobros *She. Her story in Saga is pretty crazy.

Apparently there are different tiers to what blades you can get based on rarity. I believe KOS-MOS is still the lowest in all of them.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Geobros

Just I finished the main game afte 300 hours about and it was epic!! Best 3D RPG I've ever played for sure. Though, I am really tired to replay the game. So, I would like to ask you if NG+ worth it? Why I have to replay it it? There is something new which worth the time?

What about Rorna DLC story?

Geobros

Angelic_Lapras_King

@Geobros There are a few extra blades (Though they don't have their own side quest) as well as a few extras like being able to level down your character at inns for points you can spend on new items.

Its up to you but there is a bit extra than just replaying the game again with everything carried over like other games. Since your levels will be carried over, it will be a shorter run this time, even moreso if you decide to skip all the cutscenes.

Angelic_Lapras_King

SKTTR

Geobros wrote:

Just I finished the main game afte 300 hours about and it was epic!! Best 3D RPG I've ever played for sure. Though, I am really tired to replay the game. So, I would like to ask you if NG+ worth it? Why I have to replay it it? There is something new which worth the time?

What about Torna DLC story?

I think it was worth it, if you're into 100%ing it.

You need to replay the story getting from checkpoint to checkpoint (I basically rushed through the whole game in a 5-8 hours marathon skipping most cutscenes).
All quests are available again if you want to reap their awards once more.
It's also your chance to 5-star the missable titan, grow the rhino to LV99 if you killed him in your first playthrough, and choose the other options in harmony talk.

You keep everything that's important: all items, all money, all stats, all blades.

The main reason to replay Xeno2 in NG+ is that you can get new blades and a second driver skill tree that makes you godlike if leveled up, and I think it's easier to get TP from completing missions and finding landmarks, instead from just battles.

I also played through NG+ after completing the main game in 300 hours. NG+ and then all the DLC pushed my Xenoblade2 timer above 400 hours.

Torna I bought separately, one playthrough with 99% completion took me 41 hours, but I will NG+ it eventually to be able to beat that superhard extra mission.

Keep in mind to prepare yourself before you start NG+. You'll overwrite your old save. Stock up on items or save some money that you might want in the early game.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

scoobdoo

subpopz wrote:

@Geobros Torna is absolutely worth it. It's a fantastic expansion that stands good enough to be it's own game.

This can’t be said enough. Everything has been improved. The vile combat from XC2 is now good again. The game is no longer obtuse!!!

FC: SW-3470-2213-1835

Benjoo

Is this game worth playing if you are 100% handheld?

Benjoo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic